*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Can someone shoot me in the face? Thanks.

Those are literally stolen goods for sale.

5 Likes

Apologies. Hot button morality issue for the entire forum.

7 Likes

I think hes doing it out of spite. Like it or not, at 200 usd, this is going to put massive pressure on the stormcore 60d pricing.

Lacroix is also in a tough spot because they have to support/develop the unity software for all their existing boards which means that jason potty will ironically be benefiting from all the software development with no skin in the game.

3 Likes

That’s okay
tenor (1)

4 Likes

Is there any estimate on when they will be out for us to buy?

July last I heard

2 Likes

no it wont. Lacroix isnt run by idiots

9 Likes

A 200 USD competitor that is more than adequate and will receive software updates is a massive disruptor whether we like it or not.

But they aren’t a competitor since half of the unities are defective :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I am assuming that Potty has setup production and these will be available for the foreseeable future.

Don’t forget that one is a 4.xx derivative and the other is a 3 shunt design (I think?):man_shrugging:t2:

Price does matter, but I think the folks who will choose to buy it will know the difference

1 Like

It’s more like 400 usd considering they’ve likely been sold twice.

1 Like

How many Trampa VESC 6s do you see in builds vs the unity?

3 Likes

Frankly I don’t know, I don’t pay the unity much mind since it’s been tainted by JPs greed.

I figure the numbers are quite similar, but that’s not just because price. It’s also the ease of use (setup, maintenance, built in application). I think that when the 60d comes out(with all the fancy jazz that the unity has), and shows to be the older brother the Unity needs, that the scales will tip :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

He’s getting away with it, so I would be surprised if this wasn’t the case. I tried to buy a Unity May of 2019, and only lack of a PayPal option kept me from likely getting ghosted or getting a dud and sending it back to get resold later.

2 Likes

Dude if he does that he almost deserves some serious prison time. The guy has no feelings yet has family with 2 kids… I don’t want to get personal but it just revolts me he is a parent

6 Likes

Well, we’re voting with our wallets.

5 Likes

Maybe he’s raising money to pay back abandoned customers and former employees.

1 Like

i’m curious what will come out of the flexi bms design that jeff’s team now has in their possession

5 Likes

Agreed, its disgusting and hopefully karma is a real thing.

2 Likes