*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Assuming quiet is good… At least for me, only thing not giving me too much trouble is the ESCs themselves. I’ve stopped uploading logs, its kinda pointless to see a million logs with no issues.

3 Likes

Yeah tbh testers haven’t really had issues, going on a extended range test/shakedown this weekend to try and lure the gremlins out.

7 Likes

ssshh… Saying it’s name makes it even worse.

@Skatardude10 true, but i need to be entertained while still waiting for mine. :smiley:

3 Likes

I got a question for all the testers… what firmware have you all been running? Acks 3.02 ran well for a while, then switched to DEV 5.0 and both run great with no major issues outside the usual minor quirks in the firmware itself.

4 Likes

3.62, it’s what it was shipped with

2 Likes

aren’t folks mentioning fw version in the respective test threads? if not they should be.

V4 Testing
V6 Testing

Example:

2 Likes

Hello friends. Many have been reporting very good result for testing the neoBOX. We have also been testing with our neoONE boards and are very happy with the result. Because of this we now plan to finish testing phase Monday and full production stage start short after.

We have taken feedback and will be making some change for production, but only minor change which not affect test units. But from reports, we change below:

• neoBOX 6 will change to XT90 battery connector
  • neoBOX case is shrink height back to 22/23mm and for PWM connector we change to JST type and include cable for easier connecting.
  • neoBOX will be assemble inside case first before adding glue for capacitor.
  • All solder for wires check to make sure is no cold solder and clean joints.
  • All wires from case include rubber seal to protect from water and dust into case.
  • We change standoff to harder material instead of brass.
  • Thermal pad change to 1.5mm thickness.
  • We will acrylic conformal coat PCB to protect from moisture.
  • neoBOX 4 PCB will be blue and neoBOX 6 PCB red.

We also building test jig so we can test each one easier and more reliable.

41 Likes
  • @kook 's neoBOXes are shipped soon in first production run
6 Likes

I don’t know how quite yet, but I vow to make sure I get mine before you get yours. HEAR ME NOW.

11 Likes

@BillGordon I send you neoBOX #001 #002 from production batch :slight_smile:

21 Likes
  • Just put mine second behind Wild Bill @BillGordon here @jeffwuneo I’ll be quite pleased with that outcome
2 Likes

Let those words crash over you, Kook.

14 Likes

This reasonable acceptance was not what I expected. I am defeated.

3 Likes
  • #003 is my lucky number!
2 Likes

Maybe #333

10 Likes

I’m well cool with that @jeffwuneo as long as I’m in the first production run!

3 Likes

I was gonna say that hahaha. I don’t mind what number I get. As long as it’s in the first prod batch and it survives in my 13s setup.

3 Likes

BTW, @jeffwuneo , congrats on your achievement here. You and your team made this happen during one of the most challenging development periods I’ve ever seen. Please tell everyone at neo thanks from us.

37 Likes

12s4p 4WD direct-drive funk-motors!

2 Likes

What cells Holdin that pack together ??

1 Like