Need some advice

Yeah, that thing looks terrible.

Not just cosmetically, I can’t throw too much shade there. My first build was a real butterface.

But mechanically and electronically, it seems like a complete mishmash. I would absolutely not purchase such a board with the expectation of having a working vehicle, without significant repairs/mods/unfuckings.

Buying it as a parts pile is a reasonable idea, but honestly that price is pretty steep for something that I give better than 50/50 odds of having either fucked motors, fucked battery, ESCs, or mounts. Or more than one of the above. Or something else!

The mounts look bent already, and if there was an impact strong enough to bend a mount, then that motor is most likely fucked.

For that money I’d save towards either a non-sketchy prebuilt or build your own from the ground up.

3 Likes

agree 1000%

if the outside looks like road kill… imagine the sketch of inside the enclosure

3 Likes

Yeah, I cut and pasted the whole thing from Facebook and but didn’t edit out the other board details properly. The 2nd board was €1000.

It was 4am when I posted, long night lol

1 Like

Yeah, I’d be hesitant to buy the pile of parts generously labeled “board 1” for €1000, let alone double that.

Honestly the second one is probably worth at least €750 or maybe even the full asking price depending on how well it’s been treated. At least it looks to be in much better condition with no sketchiness going on. That said, it’s a meepo hub board with (presumably) a meepo ESC, so meh, you can get a prebuilt hub board from overseas for cheaper if you’re looking to dip your toe in the water on a budget.

the motors are perfectly aligned :crazy_face::crazy_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Looking back at the guy’s message he used air quotes when he called it a Bioboards Radium, so that’s my fault for misinterpreting the information.

Secondly… well let’s just say I won’t be getting pictures of the enclosure nor will I be purchasing this board.

Thanks again everyone for your input. If I don’t bitch out and drop coin on a Lacroix or a Metroboard X, I’ll do a DIY board from scratch. I started putting parts together on a spreadsheet last night which I’d appreciate your thoughts on. Not sure where to post it though.

2 Likes

A very useful piece of advice for a build: Pick the enclosure first, and then select your electronics to fit. Rather than picking all the things you want, and trying to find an enclosure that they will all fit in.

4 Likes

I made this thing. :grin:

6 Likes

YUES

a thing a beauty!!!

@MysticalDork Thank you for the knowledge nugget! So look at enclosure before picking a board?

@BigBen I’m in UK so will definitely get in contact about one of your quality enclosures👍

1 Like

Since they’ve got to fit each other, you kind if have to pick them both at once. You don’t want a board you can’t find an enclosure for, and you also don’t want an enclosure that you can’t find a board to fit.

1 Like

Basically: look for a board you like and check if enclosures exist for it. Then figure out if your desired build would fit them both

2 Likes

Got it. Thank you for the clarity :grin:

1 Like