Need opinion on upgrading old Carbon GT.

No. Not even close.

First problem is you need to leave about 4cm empty space in the front of the enclosure unless you want a fire hazard. Second problem is you have to use 18650, and you’ll wish they were 16650. Third problem is, the balance and power wires and nickel have to be done a CERTAIN EXACT WAY or you have zero chance of it fitting SAFELY inside.

So there is a SMALL chance you can fit a 10S4P in there, nothing bigger safely, and even then it’s a terrible deck and you will have a terrible experience.

The CarbonGT deck is best avoided for DIY. This is without even getting into the leaky enclosures or the lid bolts that strip out.

2 Likes

Someone convince my friend lol, but yeah i guess 12s4p is to big

1 Like

Any other suggestions for a good carbon deck that can safely house 12s4p, I am aware of a few options but better get a second opinion

2 Likes

Any other cf integrated enclosure deck from an oem. If youre in the states, ive got an eovan gts carbon pro deck you can have for a hundred bucks and whatever shipping is. Itll fit a 12S4P of 21700 pretty easily. Outside of that, iirc boundmotor sells decks that could work.

2 Likes

Bound motor has a carbon deck made for 12s4p.

1 Like

I also have a eovan gts carbon deck in pretty good shape if you wanted to buy that on the cheap.

1 Like

For over 4 years I had 3 carbon gt decks with a 12s4p and stormcore 60d with thousands of miles with no problems at all.

Agreed
Just finished pack for this deck and it was nightmare to build!
the balance between putting enough nickel to pass the currents and keeping the pack under the ~19mm you have there is almost impossible. using tin braded copper and super accurate balance harnesses is mandatory.

I personally love the deck but if you looking for DIY carbon deck better to think about the GTR deck and not the GT