Need help with Switch and/or Antispark

Hello
I’m building a new board

Two days ago I plugged everything and all worked fine, then I prepared the enclosure.
After that I plugged everything again , including the On/off switch (directly to the antispark between the battery and the ESCs)
First the switch didn’t work. Everything was on, but I couldnt’ turn the board off

Then I unplugged the battery, unplugged the switch, then replugged everything and when I tried to plug the battery It sparked, tried a second time: spark, then I stopped everything
Any idea what could be the problem?

Also @Skyart told me my switch was probably dead
I found another one but can’t find any schematics for it
Any help would be appreciated

I think the one I found will not work, it was plugged in an ESC, not in an antispark
The old one when pressed stay pressed, the one I found when pressed, comes back to it’s state (momentary and latching??) I’m loooooossssttt

1 Like

Try looking at the maytech or flipsky anti spark documentation. I think they mention order of operations matter when using a new AS switch. I wonder if you’re now just bypassing the (possibly blown) AS and that’s why it stays on and sparks?

2 Likes

Any idea how I could check if t he As is dead?

I have a multimeter

2 Likes

Sorry that I’m not sure of

2 Likes

Thanks anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Plug AS into pack. Place volt meter to dc 200 or whatever voltage you need. Place probes on the “out” side/end. turn switch on should have voltage.

Probably other ways to check, but this way is pretty cut and dry.

2 Likes

Thanks
Unfortunatly, given the focboxes leds stay on any way I press the switch, it looks like something died
What I need to know is if it’s the switch or the anti-spark that did…

I can’t tell based on the photo but a lot of times if you plug in an anti spark switch incorrectly, it’ll spark. Leading to the power button itself not to work, the button shouldn’t be facing towards the ESC, should be facing towards the battery so when you press the button it cuts current leading to the ESC and so on. It’s a problem I had so not sure if it’s the same for yours

(Edit: Now taking a better look. It looks like that could be the case, try switching it around if you haven’t)

2 Likes

The button is indeed facing the battery, so we’re good (unfortunatly)

1 Like

Damn, hoping that was it :smiling_face_with_tear: is your battery setup a 10s or more? I would recommend the Flipsky smart enhanced 200a antispark switch, (if you got a 10s, they don’t like going above) I’m running one on my build and it’s been working flawlessly since, never heard of the one you have

1 Like

More, it’s a 12S

1 Like

Alright I was doing research, I found a thread on here about using the same anti-spark I have (that’s the reliable one) in a 12s setup, you could try it out if you want to or make a loopkey (DIY switch with a XT-90) but I feel like you want a clean setup so you can try the Flipsky one, all it really does it prevent sparks and just a on and off switch

Here’s the same one I got: Anti spark Switch Smart Enhanced 200A for Electric Skateboard /Ebike/ – FLIPSKY

1 Like

Thanks, I will have mine checked and I’ll order a Flipsky if it’s dead

1 Like

Alright, hope everything goes well

1 Like