Need help with my first build!

This is true but we aren’t exactly talking about putting a vanguard flex 3 on a mountainboard either lol, considering the OP was mentioning Trampa, etc. I would think that it’s more of a fair comparison

1 Like

Ah I didn’t the mountainboard part. He mentioned evo deck somewhere I thought he was doing a pneumatic street setup

1 Like

Oh hm you’re right I misread it too, whenever I see Trampa I think mountainboard but I guess it could be a street one…

I guess I take it back lol lets wait to see what @Sirbazyl says

1 Like

@anorak234 I’ve lurk around long enough to know who he is, trust me. But I’m still waiting for that experiment that @mmaner did for flexible deck to prove to me I’m wrong…
I know I’m wrong but why I’m wrong. LOL please

@ShutterShock damn I might need some therapy since a stranger on the internet value another stranger on the internet over me. :pensive:

Lol I’m not trying to hurt feelings (I know you were being fesicious), my underlying point that I was thinking about is that when you comment on things you don’t have experience on it is very confusing for noobs that don’t know what you’re talking about

Hence why we all were like - hold on a second lol

1 Like

You know what, I’m butthurt about something so I’m gonna leave this here to help decision making

I vote evo deck.

3 Likes

oh sorry I stepped on a locroix, boosted, bunch of other DIY from my local skate group. and I’ve built boards before. and an electrical engineer myself (since @anorak234 wanna mention Mike’s resume)

So overall, I think I can at the very least have some valid OPINION. <— capitalized and bold so yall don’t go in on me.

1 Like

Fair enough :slight_smile:

Nice frank

I would just add that in all speed/racing applications, chassis stiffness is important to control. Even in scenarios where a lot of movement is needed like off road racing, the chassis (synonymous with the deck) is made to be stiff and the movement comes from controlled dampers and links (truck/bushings). In any scenario, flex means uncontrolled motion to the operator, and while it is tolerated in skateboarding due to a lack of alternatives, is not an ideal characteristic when precision control is the only consideration.

So you WANT to be proves wrong? Waste of time if you know you’re wrong, at least of my time.

Right, but I did mention a Kaly 2.0 deck.

1 Like

Respectfully, I am going to disagree with you. Here’s my logic…

When you have a thousand miles on a build you know how to predict the lien, at least I do. I get better lean, said carve radius, out of a prototipio then I do an Evo hence tighter turns. Stability is not even a question on a prototipio.

I’m not saying that stuff decks can’t go freaking fast, I’m just saying flexible decks made with purpose can also go really freaking fast.

1 Like

I agree with what your point is, but not what you’re saying. A compliant deck can go freaking fast. A flexible deck just means it flexes whichever way it wants. You’re right that the rider will always learn the deck, but only if the deck is predictable, and this is on a deck to deck basis. A generic “flex” deck may not have the stability you’re referring to.

For example, grab a vanguard or waterborne deck and hold 40mph on it and tell me you feel comfortable.

I don’t know anything about deck flex or resume’s or experience, I just want to see how this cats gonna build his diy esk8 board.

1 Like

lol man I feel like I’m being a dick. Let’s just settle this. I’ve said some uninform shit. Hopefully no one listen to that.

Anyway @Sirbazyl take a look at this deck combo with torqueboards DD and you have a solid board man.

1 Like

It’s all good, we argue. It’s what we do.

Now I feel like I’m being a dick, but…
There will need so be some risers involved or it won’t turn.

1 Like

Dude, I love you. I feel like I need to define this. I didn’t say any flex deck, I was disputing that a flex deck can’t go fast. I gave 3 examples, examples I don’t think anyone can dispute.

1 Like

Yes I want a street AT setup or if I go with trampa or kaly than I might even consider an off road setup with top mount enclosure

I’m looking for user experience on what are the best motors, trucks for stability and also good for carving, what esc should I go with since enertion is done. I don’t want to make the same mistake that I made with my first board (halo 2) and google search for the best board if you know what I mean. Narrow trucks shitty hub motors and esc, weak lg battery etc. since my street setup is stiff AF with its carbon fiber deck, I’m looking forward to flex now. Lmao !!!
Plus I want something the best money can buy in that price range. Since my budget is limited I can’t afford to buy multiple parts to test them on my own so I want to know what parts would you guys use for your own board.

1 Like

Also I’m not planning to build a racing board. 35mph is plenty for me. I’m 220lbs so I need torque for the board to ride easily with my fat ass on top of it.