Nano-X Slide Switch?

Hey guys. Before I get my new remote, I’m continuing to try to make my Nano-X a bit usable.

Does anyone know what exactly the wiring on the 5 pin 2 position slide switch is?

Ideally, I’d like to have some small loop key I could plug in to turn on, or wire an 18650 in there, loop key that, and just short the switch position to always on.

Thanks!

Edit: if nobody knows I’ll be probing and soldering regardless.

1 Like

@deckoz show us your on off switch on your remote :joy:

3 Likes

welp I killed it. The only two traces I could see led to a mosfet and the other to the potentiometer… and probing around I shorted two of the pins and well… good thing I guess it’ts finally gone.

Probably for the best buddy. You dodged a bullet :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

^this.

Its a dog of a remote

2 Likes

No really. I did. Only reason I’m willing to go skate right now with that hair trigger from death remote is that I have had a beer and want to cruise. The other day, without any odd inputs from me, it just went full brake, full throttle, to neutral within 0.25s or so, and coasted with half brake being neutral, full brake being coast, little Accel being full Accel. Failsafe set, thanks @deckoz but this this still suckkkkkkkkssssss baaaaaaalllllllzzzz z I can’t wait to have a remote that isn’t plotting to kill me at any random unanticipated second of every day I ride.

I loved my Nano-x!

2 Likes

Mine did that with me on it right at the end of a speed run… I had long enough to think ‘ok so full speed into this corner, I guess, this is how it ends’ before I managed to pull the stuck trigger back :blush:

1 Like

Stuck trigger is another issue completely! This thing would send full throttle and brake inputs… seemingly completely at random when just cruising. Adding caps to the receiver didn’t help. Reflowing the power switch solder didn’t help. This thing’s just trash on the desk now… Got another remote in the mail now.

3 Likes

Its an evil little bastard of a remote. Now take it outside and stamp on it until its is just shards.

Thats what it would do to you given half a chance.

TB nano is much better and I have a new one laying around if you’re stuck.

1 Like

Ah the nano-x

A perfect remote for a perfect board. Maybe they should have installed some heat sinks on it

1 Like

I had that problem too. Thought it was the nano

It was the phase wires of my board coming un done…

1 Like