Another Trampa build

Hi, doing my first Trampa build and first diy :slight_smile: Been into FPV and RC since I was 6 so for most part its nothing new.

Will update more on the setup later

Trampa HS11
Regular trampa trucks
8" trampa threads with superstar hubs
Hk sk3 6374 192kv x2 (maybe a bit high KV but will start here with a low gear)
Focbox unity
Unik motor mounts
Eskating.eu 72T pulleys and 13-15t on the motor (ordered all 3)
20mm wide belts
EBoosted enclosure for 20700 cells
diy 12s4p sanyo 20700B battery
Flipsky Vx1 remote

Making this thread mostly if I screw up you guys can stop me so I dont end up riding a fireball :rofl:

Renovating the house at the same time so a pretty slow build but we are almost done so I can spend more time on the board and my cars :slight_smile:

Started with the battery today:
Glued the cells with hot glue and test fitted them

Wrapped the packs in fish paper but I bought to little so will have to wait for the last 4 packs

Making the nickel connections its 0.2mmx20mm

Welding with my new maletronics spot-welded :slight_smile: Really like it so far only complaint is that the probes gets quite hot after one side of the P. Feel free to comment the welds its my first time :slight_smile: Did a few tests with 18650 cells I had and the nickel rips if I try to pull it of.

Done for today will do the other 4 packs tomorrow then I need to wait for more fish paper for the last 4 :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Looks clean so far! Do you have more picture about your other components? I am interested to see what are those “unbranded” parts, and how do they look like.

1 Like

Will post more tomorrow :slight_smile: is not to unknown just dont remember at the moment. :joy:

Nice! Perhaps of interest, based in Ireland

PS: Those cells max at 15A iirc, so you would only be able to go 30A batt max per ESC?

Thx but got a belt drive that I will start with :slight_smile: want try to keep the volume low if I cruise in the city as the board is illegal lol :joy:

Jepp sadly only 30A per motor so if its way to little I can sell this battery and go with lower capacity but higher discharge.

2 Likes

Did a bit of work yesterday

Made sure that all cables are the exact same length. Probably doesn’t mater at this short distance but a nice detail. Will use 2x 12awg between the packs

4 Likes

Time to shrinkwrap and then reinforce with some fiberglass tape where it is needed :slight_smile: Then This will be on hold until I get more fishpaper (2-3weeks) :frowning: But bought some nice details for the motor wires today

Updated the first post with some more specs.

In need of a charger for 12s will gladly take any advice on where to find one in EU at a decent cost :slight_smile: Bioboards was out of stock :frowning: also in need of a charging port.

Finally got my fishpaper yesterday and of course my soldering iron died on me :sob: well have used it hundreds of hours since i got it 2012 so not to surprised that the spool burnt. Have ordered a new handle but borrowed one meanwhile :slight_smile:

Got a bit more done today but still in need of a charger and port :slight_smile:

Looks hideous with the fiberglass tape but its a cheap insurance.

1 Like

Finally got my last bits and done some work today. Planning on finishing it tomorrow :slight_smile:

Was so into building I forgotten to take pictures of most steps but got a few

Pack is finished with balance wires sorted. Will crimp on a new connector instead of soldering them separately

Enclosure/deck measured and drilled

Electronics ready to get glued in place will use a type of silicone so if I want to get it off I can just slip a wire underneath.

4 Likes

Its all done!! :smiley: Hope the weather is decent so I can try it when I get home. Will post some pics on the final board later

Notching the axels for the grub screws using a vaccume at the same time to get any dust.

All electronics are done and ready to get sealed up

5 Likes

All done its a monster :heart_eyes: Crazy torque with a 12/72 gearing and a bit over 40km/h top speed just perfect. Can throw on a 14 or 15T to get more top speed in the city. I love it and cant wait for better weather!

7 Likes

Couldn’t wait…

Shit :sweat_smile:
Well time to print some fenders lol.

11 Likes

Board looks dope!

I know that feeling :smiley: I try to avoid such conditions and wear old stuff obviously, but it is as it is, you will get muddy every now and then. I am not sure if printed fenders will hold up for long lol

1 Like

Nice!
Check and make sure your electronics are dry. I went splashing around and came back with my board working and figured it was all good. In the morning both focboxes were dead. RIP.

4 Likes

haha yea was counting on it so wore old clothes that was heading for the bin. Fenders wont take all but hopefully the worst that I get on the upper body. If they break I just print new ones or improve the design :smile:

1 Like

First thing I did and was dry as I taped the enclosure just to be safe :slight_smile: tho I saw some signs on water trying to get in thru the screws so will keep that in mind if I go blasting in mud again

1 Like

Flathead screws? Seriously?

Nice build though.

1 Like

That was quick lol…

1 Like

hahaha bought the mounts and motors used and they was already mounted with those would never buy flatheads myself :joy: will replace with hex but might go gear drive so not stressing with it depends on how the motor pulley ages I suspect they wont last long as they are 3D printed so gravel will eat them up.

3 Likes