My Corona I choochoo |13s3p I moondrives I 100D SC |

yeah those little 6364’s would overheat for sure. I’ll make a trade post and see if anyone bites

You’ll also need a high discharge battery to get the most out of those bigger motors. You’ll want like a 120a capable battery

acyutally I think these motors are set in stone man, I already cut the shafts and loctited them onto the gears. :slightly_smiling_face: What route do you suggest I go for the battery? 120a discharge??

I would. You want 10s or 12s?

I’d go for 4p 30T or 3p P42A minimum

1 Like

I can’t fit 12s4p in this thing. 11s3p with 30q’s I think is pretty max capacity. I’m running 4.4 gear ratio so the torque’s not THAT fucked. Just pretty fucked :rofl:

3p 30q will be fucking useless dude

6 Likes

Agreed, 11s3p 30t/40t/p24a+ or bust

Look in the PM group chat for my messages regarding cell layout, and if the 10/11/12s 4p 21700 one isn’t there let me know and I’ll draw it out again.

2 Likes

You got this. Just loctite the axle bolts on. It’s sketch as f** but you’ll just forget about it after a while.

(I rode on the same type of thing for ~400 miles. Only moderate brain damage to show for it)

4 Likes

If everything else is as it should be (hub screws fully tightened, no axle spacer,…) and the threads still don’t engage the nylon insert then it’s just wrong and needs to be swapped out. Customer service should handle a swap without any drama.
If you need support on it just CC me on your response (joellee@mbs.com).

9 Likes

You the man Joel :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks @MBS, they do engage the nylon so I’ll try em out with some blue loctite and see how it goes. Thanks again for the quick response!

1 Like

Flip the nuts, nylon inwards?

I’m going 13s3p HG6 with a little visit with a trim router. Click the link. My madness manifested in battery layout diagrams, spreadsheets, etc.

also fitment

4 Likes

Looks like an interesting cell. Should give you a bit more punch than 30q and at 13s it should do the trick… but small p groups scare me… sag fear is a real thing.

I’ve gone 13s3p 30q for my neo build, hopefully it will give the neohubs enough juice.

5 Likes

Insane! A well thought skateboard tank :grin: that exactly the “soul” @deucesdown pictured with the original representation of the ChooChoo deck.

4 Likes

Nice dude, this has been updated since I last looked, appreciate your work! Man 30T cells would be amazing but that’s way above my skill level. That 13s3p layout with HG6’s looks like a nice compromise. Thanks again for sharing the info!

2 Likes

I was going to do the same! :laughing: Just need to wait 10 more days for my mandatory self isolation to be over so I can access my tools.

What’s your goal with this build? To me it looks like a board meant for snowy weather with those wheels. If it’s just for the street, maybe you don’t need that much torque; they are dual 6374s after all.

1 Like

Man this is nice, answer to the MBS 5star Vs eToxx situation is here

and here

Soundtrack here

Now go shave yer nuts

7 Likes

You had to do that on both trucks? MBS needs to sort that out. The bearing distances for rockstars and 5stars are very similar

1 Like

Omfl. Love it :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Baby monster truck looks awesome :clap:

3 Likes

No only the truck with the drives on.not MBS’s fault. The 5star hubs are wider than superstars, add the etoxx drive and even with extenders it overwhelms the amount of axle protruding etc = reason

2 Likes