My Corona I choochoo |13s3p I moondrives I 100D SC |

2 Likes

I don’t have a router but I would consider buying one if it’s not too expensive. They range from $20-$300, is this the sort of thing I could cheap on?

You might be able to rent one, check the local home depot.
I use mine a lot but I’m into woodworking too… had my old craftsman that was my grandfathers. still kicking.

This is not the project to learn how to use a router. I wonder how far you can just get with some sandpaper on a dowel…

4 Likes

Immediately made me think of when Homer doesn’t have AA batteries and whittles down Ds lol

7 Likes

OK, some updates:

Built the battery: LG HG6 13s3p

Next I routed out 2mm on the sides to fit the battery. I’m so sorry @rey8801to do his to your baby, it looks like total garbage–I know nothing about woodworking and didn’t have equipment to set up a fence so I just freehanded it =/

Routed a little extra out at the top to fit the ESC’s and vwallah, this is one SNUG TIF, but it should work out!

I already knew the cavity in the choo choo was too small but I didn’t think about the enclosure…

so that’s fucked…Now I have to make a new enclosure and I’m not sure how hard thats gonna be. Any ideas guys on something not too complicated? Kydex?

5 Likes

Not the worst routing I’ve seen around here, lol, should be fiiiiine…
I was looking at the pics, all excited at how TOIT it all fit, then…

ouch.

you already know what I’m going to say…

You’ve come this far…

3 Likes

Hell yeah, I didn’t know about this hah, HERE WE GO

3 Likes

Things just got really reAl

My ankles still really broken–will one of you fuckers come test this thing for me when it’s done?

8 Likes

I will! Just ship it to me… :wink:

2 Likes

Flights are cheap rn :upside_down_face:

1 Like

yeah round trip is only like $150

I’ll be righthere

1 Like

you got a stormcore?
faaaak… I’m jealous

2 Likes

IDK bout this but we’re goin for it…

5 Likes

The rough shape is there…Its butt ugly but I’m gonna go with it! Lotta fuckin sanding goin on…

8 Likes

Progress…

7 Likes

It’s coming together nicely the extra amps will help with your top speed. Hurry up summer is wasting away and you can’t ride that sucker in the snow.

1 Like

Yeeeessss bro! Nice work!

3 Likes

Unfortunately I won’t be able to ride all summer regardless

:frowning::frowning::frowning:

5 Likes

ah that’s where the missing screws are gone!
Jokes aside, I am really sorry for your ankle. It sucks badly.

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:
The ankles coming together too, not fast enough tho