My Corona I choochoo |13s3p I moondrives I 100D SC |

In honor of the time that COVID-19 has freed up for me, with school and work both closing for the time being, I’ve gotten back into building and am naming this chubby little guy after this dumb ass virus. So far I’ve gotten the moon drives together on MTB matrix II oil slicks, with flipsky 6384 (190KV) motors, and slapped them on the choo choo.

I felt bad doing it because it’s such a beautiful work of art @rey8801 but I drilled a couple holes into the choo choo to accommodate the hole patterns on the oil slicks.

Here’s what I’ve got so far, with MBS fivestars and 9" pneumies.

One thing that’s really strange is the tinuy amount of axle left after putting the hubs on the trucks. The wheels, hubs and trucks are all MBS products, so you’d think they would be compatible no problem; yet there is not enough axle left with the hubs on to even thread the end bolt on half way:

The fuck is that shit??

I still have to figure out the battery and ESC situation, so I’d love to hear suggestions from you guys. Currently I’m debating between FOCBOXes and FSESC 6.6’s, running either of those options duel independent, as I have 2 of each of these ESC’s already. I’d love to hear some thoughts on which ESC would be a better choice for this build. And wtf I should do with the axle situation? Thanks homies, stay safe and fuck COVID-19 :black_heart: :black_heart:

40 Likes

Holy shit this thing is an absolute unit

I love it.

9 Likes

Insanity :joy:

4 Likes

Don’t the gear drive clamps take up a few mm of the hanger? Probably where you lost the extra axle.

Good to see though, I’ll have this setup and was wondering if I’d need axle extenders or not.

1 Like

this looks like a fun board

k00k approved

6 Likes

He is having issues with the front truck. Ive got 5stars right here and its not an issue since the gear drive sits quite far deep into the hanger.

Hopefully this could be split off into another thread but look:

Spacer illustrates the bearing distances for MBS Rockstars (approx 22.2mm long). A portion of the bearing is on the threads

Ideally the MBS axle should be about 38.5mm long, and then add another 0.5mm just incase.

The axles I have here are 35mm long, @whaddys axles are 33mm long:

5 Likes

Yeah the moondrives actually don’t take up any extra hanger for me. The axles are just wonky I believe

5 Likes

Have you hit up Joel? @MBS

3 Likes

What the hell is this have you lost your mind? Lol insanity. Doooo iiiit! I vote fesc if they fit, as you can’t put that much battery in there, so probably won’t fry them.

The @moon drives look amazeballs.

3 Likes

What is the ratio of those @moon drives? I’m tipping you’re not a torque guy?

1 Like

he picked 4.4 and 3.14 ratios

3 Likes

:grimacing: so he hates torque.

9 Likes

For 9" yeah :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

just shot their customer service an email

2 Likes

I know, I’m not getting much torque lol, I do have some 6364 170kv SK3’s but they ain’t got the powerrrrr like these puppies

3 Likes

Dude you are gonna struggle up hills.

2 Likes

sigh, lol is there a battery solution for this perhaps?

1 Like

170kv might help a little, but not much. I’d suggest dropping to 8inch wheels

1 Like

So I have a set of 6364 170 KV’s that are 2450W, and these are 6384 and 4000W. Can anyone explain for a nOObie what I’m trading off here between the two? How do the size and watts of the motors make a difference? KV I understand ofcourse.

1 Like

Higher watts mean you can put more power through them. They would run cooler than the lower watt ones at the same settings.