My battery enclosure is ready to be printed!

this is actually a great route to take if it fails where I think it might! Do you have a picture of your final set up?

2 Likes

Cool, so you battery together with the ESC was already enclosed and you just printed the TPU straps and bolted directly to the board or did you used rigid parts to sandwich the TPU where the bolts goes?

the straps are glued to the enclosure. there is a rubber gasket that sits between the deck and the enclosure. the whole thing is held on by bolt that go through the tpu straps.

1 Like

thanks bruh!

1 Like

Mine are screwed through the holes on the side of the design.

2 Likes

radical desieng, that batery enclousure looks fast! But this is not water tight right?

Not my design, also not water tight. Maybe some flex tape inside would work well.

1 Like

true that would be nicer quality but for the effort a fiberglassed print can hold up like very well, I basically used a reinforced print like that as a float plate for a onewheel. it could take more of a beating than you would expect if you use really good epoxy.

2 Likes

Ok. So it is ready to be printed and get installed…I will keep you updated for those who are interested in seeing it it performs as designed :wink:

1 Like

Hey people, this is a follow up on the final result of my battery case. I have already tested for water ingress and I am comfortably to say it has at least IP 66.

3 Likes

I’ve printed my enclosure in vase mode while being 1mm thick, and then covered it in fibreglass. It has been almost 2 years and it is still fine (photo is back from when i built it, don’t have any recent photos atm)

2 Likes

Wow in vase mode! That’s a good way to do it …PLA composite​:+1:t5::+1:t5::+1:t5: