mud = problem for belts

is there anybody who encountered this problem?

riding wet grass is pain, riding mud is pain.

this then the belts are snapping like crazy. I’ve ripped two older belts in one single day (after about 5km), and another two other in the mud after less than 1km (few really deep muddy puddles)

few really deep puddles

Click to expand!

the day before

Click to expand!

[and the picture on top of post]

let me know if images wide or tall are more preferable here within you :wink:

belts are tightened such that I cannot break as aggressively as I’d like for my ~100 kg of the complete weight

so I’m thinking what to do, to have some fun and at the same time fix this issue in [probably] unfavourable environment for belts (actually crazy, adrenaline, dirty crawling fun).

gears feel all of sudden like expensive game. I have 4wd re44 board “on-desk” with helical 3dservicas gear drive. so I’m thinking chains this time, to try something new and have more fun.

what are your thoughts and experience?

4 Likes

btw video in the location during awesome sunrise and worrying state of trix in the middle of almost nowhere: (view for everybody, spoken hatred in cz/sk)

2 Likes

Maybe you could find a cover for it, it would partially solve the problem. But the gears would be better but like you said they’re expensive.

1 Like

Gear drives are expensive, but belts aren’t free either.
Break enough belts and it’ll cost the same as a gear drive.

If the main purpose of the board is full blown offroading, I’d seriously consider a gear drive

7 Likes

Looks like a similar problem that snow causes

4 Likes

Was about to say that

I haven’t ridden in mud yet, but I expect that if is has the right consistency it will build up easily

Either make a 3D printed belt cover or go gear drives

1 Like

Go for ISO-06B chains : cheap et suits mud perfectly

5 Likes

Run copper belts. That way the heat from the motor well transfer to the pulleys and melt.the snow :ok_hand::face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

hehe :smiley: I suppose this could solve the problem in the winter whe I’ll be riding show :smiley:

will look deeper into this. if it’s possible to buy only the sprockets and the chain it might be faster solution, I might build propper gear system next time

YES…I hate belts…Gears are great…But Chains are for ever…just love them…

4 Likes

Gear drives for MTB will be cheap when I hit that scene :smirk: (January)

8 Likes

I’m going to find out how winter is to my belts, minus riding in snow!

1 Like

Tell us mooore

1 Like

Waiting for matrix III to come out first. Could make a GD for matrix II right now but…

4 Likes

I’m interested in that as well :wink: it is always good to have more to choose from

1 Like

I’ll have stuff to show real soon :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

how/where did you get info about matrix lll trucks? when will they be released.
shit just realized matrix ll are out of stock in both European and the US.

2 Likes

teased in the thread where they dropped the Matrix II drawings

@MBS

got an update to drop?

1 Like

Sorry. No specific release date yet for the IIIs, but I’d say Summerish. I just gave this community a heads up for planning purposes. More MIIs are in transit to Europe and US to bridge the gap. Thanks for your patience. Should be worth the wait.

2 Likes