Motor induced wobble at high speeds

Ok, thanks for the input. I don’t really know what I can do so far when hitting the limit, highering it might fry my motors but I also don’t want do limit my board by lowering amps.
Do you think BLDC might help? From what I’ve read FOC is more efficient. Also my motors don’t want to be detected in BLDC so there’s that

funky behavior near top end in my experience has been…

a.) temp sensor noise.
b.) duty cycle current limit start too high

for a) in ideal senario, power just gets slowly limited starting at motor temp cutoff start, down to motor temp cutoff end at which point it throws a fault. so if that were workign right, no funky behavior.
with noise… you get random amounts of throttling, and random faults.

if you have noise. give up on temp sensors is a common option. also a decent test, you can try to depin the temp sensor wire and see if the problem goes away.

for b.) it just ramps down current starting at duty cycle current limit start until max duty cycle, which prevents an abupt loss of power when hitting max duty cycle. so make sure it’s set to like 85% and don’t mess with it unless you feel you can tell and you need to tune it closer.

i don’t know if BLDC would do anything or not… but i suspect not.

I suspected the duty cycle bug but it wasn’t the case. It was set at 0.9 duty cycle current. After changing to .85 same results. Riding full speed at the begging, the board was acting ok at 50km/h. After some hills and increased motor temp the jerkiness started when full throttle. I will test the board with only one motor sensor

1 Like

You can just unpinn the temp sensors from the sensor jst to test. Almost always its the white wire.

1 Like

Deff no expert but what if they weren’t the same kv (even if stated on motor it’s the same)? Have you checked that out if nothing else works?

1 Like

Haven’t checked it. They are identical. Both get heated up at same temps from what I can see in the app