Modifying TB 110mm

I like the 120mm Cloudwheels because they are comfortable and allow me to tackle rough roads with confidence. Could TB 110mm wheels be modified to have a slightly rounded profile? If so, how would you do it?

Spin them up and hold some sandpaper to them. Wear a respirator.

Or don’t do it. You would be ruining really nice wheels by doing that… just my opinion

6 Likes

Freeze them, wear a respirator, put them on a lathe, and go to town. If they’re frozen they will machine better.

Not sure why LoL.z but if you’re going to do it, that’s how I would try to attempt it.

3 Likes

Just spin them up in a drill an lick them till you reach the desired shape

13 Likes

I’d suggest sending them to me and I’ll send you some cloudwheels, lol.

16 Likes

Ok. Doesn’t sound like it is possible. What is it about cloudwheels that makes them feel able to deal with crappy roads better than traditional wheels? I’ve also noticed solid rubber wheels have a similar curved profile.

1 Like

Maybe you want pneumatics?

1 Like

Cloudwheel-type wheels have way worse grip. Don’t do it, you’ll regret it as soon as you need to brake in an emergency

2 Likes

Definitely possible. We used to do this back in the day to round wheels for better drifting.

2 Likes

Before you started talking about rounding the wheel surface I assumed that you were thinking about making holes around the wheel in order to make it softer and more comfortable.

Machining in a treaded surface would be interesting you could get a custom job from harfang done.

3 Likes

Everyone :
Proceeds to tell him 3 different ways to do it
OP :

9 Likes

That’s not an issue. Actually the different point of view are greatly appreciated. Makes me think about this from a different perspective.

2 Likes

That’s on of the reasons I was thinking about the 72a version of the TB110mm. Putting in holes would be interesting but I don’t have a clue as to how I could execute this. Do you think one of the reasons that the Cloudwheels also handle poor surfaces is because of the overall softness of the wheel?

1 Like

Here’s another question, how would a Cloudwheel made with 72a TB thane, less round profile and smooth surface ride compared to the current 120mm Cloudwheel?

1 Like

I feel like the answer to that is 80% based upon execution quality, and 20% based on things I don’t know. :rofl:

cloudwheels feel so great because they have a foam core thats soft + squishy.

TB110s are solid through the whole thing

2 Likes

You should watch the video @Lee_Wright made on the cloud wheels.

What I was saying is basically just make a boosted wheel out of a Torqueboards 110 using a CNC

3 Likes

Seriously crazy! Cloudwheels are nothing but colored foam inside.

1 Like