Metr Style Discharge using FOC_Openloop

Hi! Does anybody know how i could replicate the discharge function in the Metr app without actually using the app? Trouble is my motors dont have temperature sensors so i was wondering if i could do it through terminal somehow?

1 Like

Connect using the desktop tool over USB, or use a TCP bridge with the mobile app.

Make sure PPM is not active. App SettingsGeneralAPP to Use. Keep at least UART enabled if you are using bluetooth to connect.

Click on the heartbeat on the right side

Go to VESC Dev Tools to open the terminal

With a motor connected, enter this command. It will spin the motor slowly, so make sure it’s free to do so.

foc_openloop 20 1000

foc_openloop runs the motor at 20A and 1,000 eRPMs. This won’t pull a whole lot of amps from the battery, but more than normal free spinning. You can check the battery draw on the realtime screen

You can go higher on the motor amps which will increase the battery amps, but the motor (and ESC) will overheat, and without a temperature sensor in the motor you run the risk of burning it out.

Dunk the motor in a bucket of water (don’t connect the sensors) to keep it from overheating. It should run underwater.

2 Likes

mineral oil

reaction_this_is_the_way_73565865

1 Like