Metr Pro CAN [available to order]

Yes, in case you might want to use first UART for DAVEGA and second UART for remote

2 Likes

This is the stuff nightmares are made out of. You only open up an enclosure and plug in USB to fix this once before you are keenly aware of the hazard :rofl:

I, for one, am happy for that trap to be going away.

8 Likes

You can still make records like before with your phone connected and Metr Pro CAN + GPS.

When this green icon appears it means Metr app is using location from external GPS module. Metr app will stop requesting location from operating system which will save your phones battery.

8 Likes

I have 2 metr pro and can say the same. Thr price is too much for me to buy the updated one. I just bought the ilogger. Just adding a data point to consider.

4 Likes

Doing close collaboration with @mackann (Bioboards) and @SimosMCmuffin (FlexiBMS) on the Bioboards Plutonium board. It has two FlexiBMS and both of them are visible and configurable in the Metr app

9 Likes

Metr Pro CAN works with following apps:

metr.at (iOS, Android)

VESC Tool (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android)

Yours Truly (iOS)

Stormcore (iOS)

8 Likes

Hi,

Do you already ship metr can orders ?

We expect to start shipping orders in about 2 weeks

8 Likes

Can you show some pictures how it looks inside the board?

3 Likes

Does the External Antena option still allow for removal and use of the onboard?

1 Like

Metr Pro CAN uses SKB501 BLE module. It comes in 2 flavors when ordering from manufacturer, with external or PCB antenna.

Changing between external / PCB antenna is impossible (unless you are very determined). Antenna connector is missing and antenna capacitor is located in a hard to reach area.

3 Likes
  • Item total 222,00 EUR
  • Tax 44,46 EUR
  • Shipping 12,00 EUR

Total 278,46 EUR

is that intended… for x2?

1 Like

Cool! Just placed my order :heart_eyes:

@mackann will get the first modules and I can ask him to make some pictures on how they look inside a Bioboard :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Does a eBike also count? :rofl: Don’t judge me that it isn’t mounted yet, but it is just connected for testing purpose.

Here a size comparison with a regular Metr Pro module before adding the heat shrink.

11 Likes

Your post was read but you stating the obvious and then saying you don’t understand why it’s so expensive kinda doesn’t make sense. Hardware is nothing, cost nothing, it’s all software and constant updates and support… We are too used to buying from china, cheep stuff made by kids with low QC, laughable software and no support what so ever. That price would be justifiable If it was twice as much according to me.

5 Likes

Yeah nah, I never mentioned China, the Infinity logger is developed in the US by a very responsive dev called @WavRX. He’s been very active on supporting other features and requests.

So has @rpasichnyk obviously, things like LTT Smart BMS integration for instance must have taken a good amount of time to develop. I never said I don’t understand why its so expensive, as a developer I know writing good code takes time and you have to factor that into your costs. I just don’t see myself paying this much for a piece of hardware that costs a fraction of the price,. I’d much rather support the developers in (like a subscription for instance) another way is all I said.

This has nothing to do with China, but has everything to do with METR’s revenue model. I personally would much rather pay for software upgrades to my METR module rather than to sponsor future development with the purchase of one.

Obviously this is my individual opinion and people should take it as such. I understand the costs involved developing a piece of hardware and the supporting software from a professional standpoint. This is just my two cents.

I’m still very happy with my original METR for instance.

5 Likes

Hi,

Any news about the shipping ?

Thanks.

2 Likes

The amount of futures Metr have will probebly take a power user 1 year to find all.
At the moment there is no mobile app close to metr. It gets updated almost weekly.
The price is very cheap for what you get.

13 Likes

Yesterday I finally received the cables that I was waiting for a long time. First Metr Pro CAN modules should hopefully ship out tomorrow and the remaining beginning of next week.
Here some more pictures. :blush:

14 Likes