Maytech 6396 motor is updated with same hole pattern as 6374 motors

Christmas sale: US$148/pcs (original US$197.8/pcs)
It’s updated with same hole pattern as 6374 motors. Check following link for more details!
20191217_6396_1420x570

18 Likes

Great change!

12 Likes

I smell a group buy.

8 Likes

There was one that never got off the ground that was mostly EU focused. I’d love to cop a bunch of these for ~$100/ea.

4 Likes

New drilling or old drilling?

It was before they put the new BCD on there.
@Riako was putting it together, with @Sender possibly handling the US side of things.
Seemed to have a good amount of interest.

2 Likes

The 6396’s have a large bearing in them instead of being completely filled with more copper coil - has anyone tested how much better are these from a power delivery standpoint than their 6374 counterpart with no bearing?

3 Likes

They also have a 10mm shaft vs an 8mm one on the 6374, so that also decreases the space for coils.

2 Likes

slight derail warning here, but I’ve been curious -is it adventageous to go 10mm vs 8mm shaft on motors this big? Can you get into more depth about the space for coils and how this affects things? What would the hypothetical difference be between a 8mm and 10mm shaft on a 6384 motor in terms of function? Thanks and sorry for the brief derail!

1 Like

They are rated to 4500W which is the same as the 63100s. I’m sure they don’t stay as cool, and the torque characteristics are probably different, but I imagine they outperform most 6374s handedly, and the extra stability from the bearing is something you can’t find in many other motors.

2 Likes

I’m happy to trade off a little power for robustness.
You don’t put 6374+ motors to ride it nice and easy.

1 Like

If it helps:

3 Likes

As far as I’ve seen the stator size doesn’t change going bigger shafts, the geometry is the same and when using 8 mm there is plenty of space for bigger axles

All of the recent @torqueboards motors are also 10 mm inside and steeped down to 8 outside

3 Likes

Our MTO6396 motor stator is 15mm longer than MTO6374 motor stator. Same stator diameter.
And 8mm shaft/10mm shafts won’t influence coils space. they are decided by inside bearings.
QQ截图20191220162250 @rusins

12 Likes

Latest picture:
QQ图片20191226162557

3 Likes

I thought most people ran 8mm motor shafts or their current setups. Do you guys plan to lathe these or update your motor pulleys for 10mm shafts? I can imagine the extra 2 mm adds quite a bit of strength but how necessary is this?

1 Like

I have broken a maytech 8mm shaft. Now I run 10mm motors.

5 Likes

From 8 mm to 10mm is a big difference it’s I think 20% bigger. And it looks bigger and hand spinning it feels more solid.

Its not wort it to upgrade if u have 8mm motor just to get 10mm

But if new motors are a option get 10mm and yes pulley do exist not hard to get at all.

Happy holidays

4 Likes

Can these mount flat – or do the wires not bend enough to mount on a flat surface like an esk motor mount plate?

Is a hole for the wires required?