Mark I - Iron Man Esk8 - World's First Smart Electric Skateboard With A Talking AI (Jarvis)

Inside the two-story home of my electronics

Top floor:

Bottom floor:

5 Likes

Added RGB strips! I was going to make my own so that I can set animations based on the board speed etc but to make even the basic effects then rework my touch screen to add toggles would take a while and I found this app - WLED - you just flash an esp32 with your computer in 5 minutes, configure the settings - wizard just like installing a program, then wire it up. Android app has so much functionality. God bless them for making this all for free. Only thing is it uses wifi to connect to the esp32 so I hotspot from my phone. Would be nice if it could work with Bluetooth instead

6 Likes

Now my question to you is, can you have the LEDs sync to the music as your playing it :thinking:

2 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Using Google’s conversational AI called dialogflow. I didn’t think it would be possible to make an esk8 I could talk to! I never imagined this at the start. Not quite done yet but close enough for me to share this clip…

14 Likes

This is badass, now you just need a goatee, a redhead, iron man helmet and your good :joy:

4 Likes

Haha I look nothing like him but funny enough I do have a replica pair of his glasses from the movie.

Also I can’t call it the world’s first smart electric skateboard with any AI because there are boards with AI to allow you to control the board by leaning etc and learns your riding pattern, basically remoteless esk8s. Though there’s no AI boards out there with anything related to user interaction like a voice assistant like mine, so I guess I’ll specifically call it the world’s first smart electric skateboard with a talking AI.

5 Likes

One day you’ll get there if you really took it on with trying to make it 100% smart and wirelessly controlled, it amazes me in general that it talks. The video with you asking to turn the headlight on was bad ass, does it have commands for everything else like the speaker and taillight?

4 Likes

Yeah I just kept that vid short for my IG. I can control all my switches. I made a separate switch which hacks into my Bluetooth amplifier to pause music when talking to Jarvis and resume afterwards. I’ll record more of everything later. Busy atm.

3 Likes

All good, will be looking forward to more updates!

2 Likes

I already talk to my board, but it doesn’t ever listen :laughing: I feel like this build would only encourage that habit
How have the LEDS held up? I killed the ones i used a while back in less than a month but I did like them while they were working

3 Likes

You’re not alone, I wave and say “Goodnight” to my board every night before I go upstairs to bed but I never got a response :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

All my lights are all good still.

I’ll make sure to record that next :joy:

3 Likes

I’m much more mean and usually just yell at my board/ motor to stop cogging itself down :rofl:

3 Likes

When I’m going up little hills I’m like “cmonnn, you can make it” then when I reach the top I’m like “yeaa” :joy: I’ve gotten some weird looks from passing drivers but I guess they’ve never seen a guy cheering on his own build :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

If you had mine I guess you could say “Jarvis we did it” and he’ll respond with something like yay or congrats

2 Likes

I’ll just have Siri say something :joy:

3 Likes

Fucking hell my son! This is such an epic achievement. You :100: have my vote for BOTY
wow

3 Likes

Hoping to finish a work project soon then I’ll get time to finish my board.

I’m sure many of you have heard of chat-gpt by now. I use it quite a bit like an assistant and also like Google. Free. Highly recommend.

I thought about using that to answer questions/dialogue instead of the tools I’m using now but I’ve decided not to. The main reasons are chatgpt can’t connect to the internet and doesn’t know things past 2021. Whereas my current solution does and with low latency.

Though I did find a new text-to-speech (TTS) AI tool among all the AI hype right now that makes the voice hyperrealistic and exactly like Jarvis! Like it will sound like a real person is inside my board and I think that’ll make a noticeable difference in the experience to where I’m going to try to implement it :crossed_fingers: VS rn I have a british voice that’s robotic enough like Siri/Alexa/google assistant where it is clearly computer generated, refer to my 30s demo above.

Stay tuned :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes