Malfunctioning Trampa wand

Just hooked up my trampa wand and it’s freaking out. This is my first time using the wand in a build so I’m not sure what kind of problem I’m looking at.

3 Likes

@Trampa Frank your help is requested

Elaborate here if possible while your video is loading.

2 Likes

The wand displays rising and falling battery levels that are constantly changing. One more thing that’s not in the video is that whenever I turn on hit the button on the left, one of the motors revs up to full throttle and the other doesn’t move at all.

2 Likes

If you don’t turn the wand on and just connect with vesc app, does the battery % jump around as well?

It shouldn’t. readings from my smart bms are all stable. The vesc seemed to look fine in my pc as well. It’s a flipsky vesc but I can’t imagine that would cause this kind of issue.

1 Like

Some Flipsky ESCs are known to have a fluctuating voltage reading. My 6.6 singles do this, when displaying battery voltage on MetrPro.

Your smart BMS is likely correct but the ESC sending bad readings to the Wand.

Actually, flipsky is probably the entire reason you have voltage fluctuations in your reads. Bms exists specifically for voltage control so only logical it does exactly that.
Here’s my flipsky on a davega.

The BMS reads directly from the battery, not from the VESC, so it’s not quite the same.
So in VESCtool => Realtime Data => Volts In the voltage is stable?

2 Likes

I had to have voltage smoothing turned up to 1.8v to keep my flipsky mini dual from freaking out. Voltage info is garbage.

4 Likes

There’s a way to do that? :sob::man_facepalming:(Respond to me in Newbs thread)

Metr. Sorry.

3 Likes

The left button is CC and if you do a long button press, you might activate CC slightly. On the bench CC will cause one wheel to spin up fast, which is totally normal. Cruise control only works with both wheels on the ground, giving resistance.

4 Likes