Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

It is? How tall is a tramps VESC? Total volume isn’t really comparable, the dv4 fits easily in your palm

1 Like

I think about 18mm tall and connectors go inside so fully plugged it only gains about 1mm. Maker-x i don’t have it anymore, but connectors add at least 3mm over the fact that it’s taller in the first place

How do these compare to Trampa Vesc? Looking to mount in one of eboosted’s undermount enclosure. 12s4p 20700 molicell 4000mah.

I was considering two of these vescs or two of the trampa ones

1 Like

If price is not an object buy trampa, these are good, but I’d still consider them fairly new. Did you read the sv6 thread?

2 Likes

No I haven’t read it link me?

There’s some interesting conversation in this thread that might be useful to you

2 Likes

I bought this bad boy a long time ago. Never set it up. Finally got a use for it. Went to plug in a Bluetooth module, doesn’t fit. Anyone tell me what size plug I need to adapt?

6 pin jst, should be in the box with the esc. Also need to repin

My makerX is old from one of the first runs last year, it did not come with a anything other than sensor wire plugs, it has the soldered on PWM lead.

But yeah PH2.0MM 6Pin JST is what we’re looking for

Just want to say that my first this ESC burnt after plugging it in battery and the second stopped working in a half of way after three weeks of use…

1 Like

That sounds like user error to me not gonna lie

2 Likes

I think no. Also, maybe it was because I have it on FOC mode (with max settings that it can do - 50 amps) that works really weird on this ESC (what I read). And problem of the second ESC was really weird too, just stopped working one half of that ESC, the second normally worked…

I mean I guess it depends on airflow… I have mine set at 35A battery amps each side and have had no issues. Most other people previously recommended setting at similar load levels.

3 Likes

Those sensor wire plugs are the same… pull out the wires and put the remote’s ones after you clear out that hot glue mess

Um… 50A each side? 100A total?
After it first burnt out on detection and was replaced by seller, mine worked nicely for 1000+km at 25~27A/side battery amps and 50~55A/side motor amps. It is replaced now by 2 trampa vescs that have seen close to 300km already in less than a month

1 Like

Yes, he replaced me it for about 60 dollars and shipped from the China. Idk, where was problem, seller don’t know exactly it too (just said that DRV chip is damaged)… It is really strange problem…

1 Like

Your ESC, the DRV chip is damaged due to an external 5V short circuit.

1 Like

Yes, thats all what you said, don’t know how did IT happen… Doesn’t matter… Bought unity Focbox.

Currently I am thinking about getting 2 MAKERX MINI-FOC or MINI-FOC PLUS

But I am not sure if the plus is necessary for my build. I‘d like to use them for two sensored hub motors based on 6355 with 50A max motor amps for each motor, 60-80A max battery amps and 8S in FOC mode for a street board.

I know one should not squeeze the maximum amps out of an ESC but as I go with only 8S, maybe it’s different and I can safe some 35 bucks here :thinking:

Or is it classy for “How could I even dare to risk it for 35€ bucks difference?!”

1 Like

If you’re planning to actually push 60 to 80 battery amps each I don’t think the smaller one is going to be enough

It is true that the 8s is easier on some of the components but when you’re pushing that many amps it quickly becomes a heat problem too

1 Like