Maker-X Go-FOC DV4 (upgraded version) ----- Most Affordable Dual Drive ESC

Go-FOC DV4

Compare the previous version:
A more reasonable circuit layout makes it more reliable and stable. Thickened aluminum alloy bottom shell makes heat dissipation better. Adjust the interface to make it the same as the original VESC. Also: Added high-power TVS, Increase the capacity of the filter capacitor. .and some details optimization…

Previous version:

21 Likes

how to connect sensor wires to it? need to remove the cover? or is it on the bottom?

1 Like

Looks like you cut through the heatshrink and plug them?

5 Likes

Hall sensor port is here

5 Likes

Can you break these apart into two fully-functional single-motor ESCs?

Or if one fails, replace only that side?

4 Likes

sorry what I meant was how to attach sensor wire with the metal cover?

Which metal cover?
It’s the other side with heat sink.
The side with the plugs is only covered with heat shrink

1 Like

ah ok I get it now, thought it was like those full cases

Can port is via the pcb or JST?

upper right corner are the connectors can’t answer if they’re internally connected tho :smile:

1 Like

48 Likes

Oh God why does my title have to be true…want this so bad…kids can survive without food right?

3 Likes

yeah at least a fortnight, you should be fine

3 Likes

Good to know. Should save me about 400$

2 Likes
2 Likes

@YUTW123

This is a need-to-know

1 Like

Can not be separated, is a whole piece of PCB.

4 Likes

Not without solid reviews from trusted community members, thousands of miles of varied terrain tested on a hundred different motor and settings combinations.

Once you’ve got that sorted I’ll be happy to jump in :+1:

2 Likes

Bought one of these just now, will be posting in my upcoming build thread as soon as a receive it and ill try to do a pretty comprehensive review on it as soon as its in my hands,

7 Likes

@b264 is a big fan of backup plans, redundancy and over all just in case preparation.

His point is (and he asks/demands this for all dual ESCs) that as long as every component is in place 2 times there is no logical reason to replace a full dual unit if one side fails or get damaged. But he also dislikes dual ESC systems with a single MCU for example, as the cost of a second MCU isn’t worth the risk of loosing the controll of both motors in a bad situation.

BTW I personly like the idea to just have one/two PCBs attached by PCB breakpoints and screwed onto one heatsink. If one side fails you can get a new one.

5 Likes