Magharees Grenadier eMTB / 2 X 6384 / ESCapes / 12s4p Molicel p42a

Copying my content over to show where this originates, but will be updating the build here

Hi, well In was looking for an eBike but due to legality in Ireland, I was just clicking about until well yes I thought of eMTB

…and found out that in fact it was ‘a thing’ already and maturing quickly, and well I think it’s more stealthy and possibly more full than one of those Vector eBike thingamijigy’s, it will make it’s habitat on the beach and surrounding environs.

So I’m joining the gold-rush, more meat for the newbie grinder, can I have some constructive help on componentry?

Mixed reports on Alien, but - dual VESC to twin 6374 kv190, to be precise looking at this motor since will be in beach environment

Alien Power System

APS 6374HEV Outrunner brushless motor 200KV 3300W

APS 6374HEV Outrunner brushless motor 200KV 3300W

Alternatives?

Also ordered are 70 X Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh - 15A, going to run them S107P for now.
Will increase to S12/P12 in time, I have read that S12 can be too much for the VESCs?

Will pack the 18650s together with a kit from India, slightly modified with brass/copper
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87434

It’s an international collaboration -
VESCs from Taiwan - ordered from Vanda
Trampa MTB from UK - working on this
18650s from Holland - shipped
Custom motor mount from Poland, from your very own member @Idea
Charger?

Considering a Tiny BMS from Lithuania any better priced well-designed alternative to consider?
…And cunning battery assembly made in India

Not everything is made in China anymore! I will soon have a 3D printer so who knows maybe something can be made in Ireland besides Guiness :four_leaf_clover:

I’ll update the thread as I can

ltr sk8trs

6 Likes

Some stuff no longer being used relating to original build purchases (a long f’ing time ago). Some parts are outdated, some superseded some just don;t fit into what I want to do anymore

Yesterday I took delivery of a 2nd hand Trampa board with scrub trucks and hubs I need to figure out a way to mount @Idea v2 motor mounts. I also made a mistake with motor selection and am sending back the unsensored APS 6374 motors and hopefully getting some 6384 sensored ones

Nothing going on, stalled for a workspace since moving and moving again end of august, I do have time to purchase bits and finally found a new pair of trampa mtb trucks on eBay for a good price, came with spare springs, bearings and bolts

The masterplan
Ok template transferred to sheet
And onto painters tape, there are small slits to allow markings of drill holes to be transferred as well as the holey holes
There’s only really one way to make sure you have the markings in the right place
I’m chopping it, just waiting on blades/holesaw
Stil slow progress, pack is gettin there, name change, all my builds will be under the pseudonym ‘Magharees’, in fact I’m going to namechange if possible
I’m barely coping

Scratch that, I pulled apart the pack as I had concerns about that he home made a springs breaking through the anode protection rings.

Pack will be in a typical ATB case and 12d6p, very tidy it is too. BMS will live in the case as well and will be a DieBieMS.

5 Likes

It’s 2019, that much further along? Practically zilch, I found a little time today to cut the deck. I’m leaving it like this and not channeling out the bits at the top of the truck.

Apart from that everything changes 3DServisas v2 5:1 drive, FatBoy 9” wheels, MBS F5 straps and an Idea undertray with a 12s4p of Sanyo 21700B, a DieBieMS and hopefully a Unity (grumble). Motors just what I have which is a pair of APS 6380s 190kv. Completely underpowered, as its wrong kv for the wrong pack, will address that as needs be

6 Likes

21700 cell level fused cell holders x 12, 1mm gap in the middle, printed in PETG

compliments of @Chaka, thank you sir

6 Likes

Excellently as always ESC heatsink for the Unity from Audrius @3dservisas

10 Likes

What filament is that

Surreal PETG from amazon

2 Likes

That deck slice came out so clean!

1 Like

That was my good friend T101BF from Bosch, clean hardwood jigsaw bit. I tried also a clean carve bit for curves which is much skinnier and thinner but it lost the battle quickly.

You could spend a lot of time fart-arsing about needlessly

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll be Unityless for the moment
So will be using a pair of focboxes instead for the getgo and upgrade when I am Unity’d.

Fam is going away visits for Easter hopefully without me. so maybe I’ll have time to forge ahead on the build when Nkon send my cells

1 Like

Kid free day, just hungover. Mostly test mounted the trucks, door seal taped the idea enclosure. Now fitting bolt inserts, there will be three on each end and one on each segment junction along the sides

Also MBS T2 weight is hefty as is the construction, compared to a hospital trolley chen Sheng or whatever they are called

7 Likes

Great weekend finished off with a little parenting leave Monday, alone :sob::joy:

12 Likes

Nice phase routing riser from the other place. Not pretty but functional

Thanks for sharing @ducktaperules

Ok fitted but drat…I use the outer holes, any chance of an accomodation for that or the fusion file in order to tweak?

9 Likes

Bit the bullet and ordered some Molicel P42A cells 12s4p. Each cell is rated for about 40A discharge cont

Discovered the gear drive v-ring is a VS 70 after a tear, ordered 2 new ones from :de:

Not sure if the wheel should be stiff to turn @3DServisas @Kug3lis ?

Only some grease on the vrings and everything tightened up, waiting for Loctite to cure.

Yes I know the Etoxx stand is falling apart, printing one in PETG now

10 Likes

Vring will not allow free spin but with enough grease it should spin but not freely as it’s rubbing but it shouldn’t matter when u apply power throught the motor (it means that seal is doing it’s job preventing shit getting inside)

2 Likes

Thanks, good to know

1 Like

Battle hardening the motors, will sugru the phases & sensor on the exit point, disgusting work

9 Likes

Not perfect but much better than factory (hope)

10 Likes

Using large glands for the phase wired and @haggyboard.timo’s cool sensor wire thingamajiggy separately.

Just have to figure out the APS sensor wiring color/order

Have to figure a way to fit the DieBieMS without fouling the power cables to the ESCs. Maybe time to read up on the external BMS thing so and such did

5 Likes

4 Likes