Luukjes build thread

Hey guys,

I will use this thread to post my builds. Maybe too soon, but when is the right time right?

So i started the eskate scene on a wowgo 2s, i actually came in wanting to build my own board but i figured that it would be better to learn to ride one and then build a board. This is technically my second build (first one is a lingyi esc mindless raider 3 board, lets not talk about that )

But as all things go, the Wowgo deck didn’t suffice and i put it on a loaded vanguard with caliber 44s. And two abec 11 90mm superfly front wheels (my profile picture)

I decided because i like the “raw” look combined with wood that i wanted to sand the enclosure and polish it, giving it a nice robust look (in my opinion).

Because i didn’t want to compromise the strength of the deck and route cable wires in it, i decided to put the wires through the charge port hole and place the charger port in the esc case.

Decided to polish the hub caps as well.

Took this thing to the karting, did better than i would have thought on a relative “underpowered” board compared to the others.

But what i noticed is that my hubs kept skipping on the track.
Something had to be done about this.

Because i had made a belt drive board earlier this year i decided i wanted that again, together with a bigger battery because my range was just too short for me.

Bought racerstar 5045s because i was curious to how they would perform compared to the chinesium 5055s

Bought boardnamics’ trucks. And started on motormounts and spacers for them.

Crudely lathed spacer, but the lengths are .01mm difference so im happy

I wanted to redo the clamps and put them in my wheel pulley for a more clean look and more clearance aswell. I misdrilled some holes in it so i had to file some of the holes on the motormounts a lil wider, feelsbad.

Decided between a 12s2p and a 10s3p on the battery, wanted more torque and range so i chose the 10s3p.

However it was very difficult to even fit the cells in the right configuration. This ended up being the config.

Started welding the pack

However, ofcourse it didnt fit by like 2 mm, no way that in any config it was going to fit anymore.

So i decided to move one cell from the side packs to the middle stack and wire it to the two others.

Coated that shit in tape

This also gave me room to fit a charge only bms next to the cells.

Final result:
Everything is sealed with epoxy, so that shit is never vibrating loose.

Polished the trucks

Decided i wanted to try bindings too, pictures following

Final specs:

Dual racerstar 5045 200kv
Dual flipshite 4.12
107 wheels
10s3p 30q battery.

Top speed of 51km/h
Range about 28km

19 Likes

Next build will be a pantheon trip deck with evolve trucks.

7 Likes

I’ve got one of those too I still haven’t finished. Been considering making my own enclosure, but the first attempt I had a while back laying up fiberglass without bagging it didnt go so well. Looks like you’re making your own enclosure, too. I’ll be staying tuned for that build!

1 Like

what bms is that?
its tiny!

1 Like

Its the bestech d249

1 Like

Yes ill be making my own, but its in my universities woodworking workshop and thats closed rn :exploding_head:

1 Like

Turns out i was in time with replacing the deck, i was just pushing and fooling around on the old wowgo deck when this happened:

Now im definetly not what you would call @DerelictRobot weight so must be pretty shait decks.

4 Likes

I imagine if this happened while the new build is on it then u would lay down next to it and just cry :joy:

2 Likes

giphy-62

I see how it be.

2 Likes

Nice build you got there😉

Having ridden it myself I can say that this makes me want to have such a deck, lol.

1 Like

Liked your evo build too, single drive is a bit scary imo though.

3 Likes

Rescued my board from schools workshop and worked on the trip enclosure for a bit

2 Likes

Love this build :call_me_hand: is the enclosures made of aluminum?

1 Like

Yes its the old wowgo enclosures, sanded and polished them :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome work and them polished enclosures are so damn nice. I want them! NOW! hahahha
Interesting journey through building this battery :smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Theres still space left for a second battery enclosure and a second esc enclosure for going 4wd :100: :heart:

1 Like