LUCIER7 makes DIY out of SRB #11

@JaysTCB, how does the single motor 2WD work with tighter turns? Does the system want to bind up or “skip” the inside wheel due to the difference in speed between the inside and outside wheels?

Looks like an excellent setup. I’ve been looking into building a high-powered yet lightweight commuter board with a 2WD system similar to what you are running on this (one large, high-powered motor for 2 wheels). I’d love to hear how it turned out.

2 Likes

You pullin’ a Deckoz, bro?

4 Likes

Guy’s ego blew up like a firework.

“I’m an innovator” (C) JaysTCB

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

1 Like

For the noobs playing at home… deckoz was a well respected and knowledgeable forum member with a great deal of good content here and on builders.

An argument over ankle strength got his back up and he had a massive hissy fit, deleted all his posts (edited them all to “:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:” before threatening legal action on the forum owners unless all his posts were permanently deleted.

Once a well respected dude, now only remembered as one of the biggest sooks in esk8 history.

Sad to see @JaysTCB going down the same path.

7 Likes

Very good summary.

Now someone tell me what ruffled this guy’s feathers?

1 Like

Far as i can tell he had beef with stooge, got sad cos stooge didn’t like his board mods then started deleting posts when a few people made some jokes about his stooge sob story.

2 Likes

Fuck you, the better half loves my dainty ankles :fu:

2 Likes

Y’all need to be putting this ankle argument inside spoilers to avoid scandalizing our Victorian userbase. Mods plz enforce

2 Likes

The moral of the story: never skip ankle day.

1 Like

I wanna do this some day!!!

It’s gonna take me like 50 hours…

2 Likes

5.4k posts… 50 hrs… that’s like delete a post every 40 secs or something right? That sounds unfun.

4 Likes

Yeah. I grossly under estimated that.
Also wow…

1 Like

Better yet, discourse will rate limit how many posts you can delete per day. I assume to discourage these kinds of rage quits as it is disruptive to other users. Imo once you’ve made a discussion thread that others participate in, it ceases being just your thread, exceptions made for vendors/projects, etc.

But that’s why these Deckoz style meltdowns spam the forums for so long + if the last post of a thread is edited, it bumps it. Takes weeks of daily deletion.

7 Likes

Yeah. Its a massive disrespect to the community and a show that the user was only really here for self gratification. Hard to feel sorry for these types.

6 Likes

7w9plv

5 Likes

Hey man, listen up. It seems like you are one of the best riders out there and on top of that a very good builder. I watched your video (again) on how you rebuilt the board amd even though some people dont like it your work seems very neatly done.

Esk8 racing seems to be taking off, and this forum has very talented people on it who evolved and increased their skills while being on here since those years. As someone who got into it as early as you, you have seen this hobby grow big time, together with the builds with it.

Instead of being angry like this, why dont you just start doing it better than the other racing teams? If that design of the baseplate was yours it shouldnt be difficult to improve?

Many people (on this forum too) would love to help you start it or come up with manufacturing/sponsoring etc. I have a deck press (thats honestly pretty good) and a cnc router (that i admittedly still have to figure out :smile: ) but i would love to press a deck for you. I know some talented machinists like @SabreDynamics that could come up with innovative designs for you. There are many people like this here and its such a shame its a niche hobby still.

Being angry like this is just eating you up man and its not doing any good for the sport. Ive had personal shit happen to me, where i felt like people stole my time and i was all alone, but in the end im wiser and better for it and i wish them the best because being angry is useless.

If ur interested i can send you a geardrive set i designed to test out? Yes they are coming from china, i know i know but im too poor for european made ones :rofl:

If you are stable enough to do 90km/h on a board you should be stable enough to realize there are other ways to vent out your frustration. We are a community and we enjoy helping eachother.

Or you know, if you just want to talk, feel free to send me a DM

29 Likes

Its not about whether you are right or not, as far as it sounds you have your personal right to be. Its how well you handle your anger, Lamborghini didnt leave all his tractor buddies when Ferrari said he wasnt good enough, i bet that he asked for their help and insights to build a better car and became his own legend. Same for Pagani who spawned from Lamborghini, they just decided they could do better anyway and figured its better for everyone when you leave things as is, or bring competition.

“Destroying a corrupt empire, or dethrone the evil monarch” as you view it doesnt work my man, even if you have all the best of reasons. The only thing you can do is build/be a better one and hope the rest follows. When you act like this you are part of the problem you think mr. Stooge is and you will not be satisfied yourself either if you succeed.

Living a satisfying life is like skaters, you need to be high all the time :rofl: plus, as you might know, when you deserve it and you want to have fun, and the roads allow it, it brings you hell off a downhill ride.

5 Likes

As a designer i can tell that we all know your shit gets copied and improved real quick. That gratification of “getting the credit you deserve” is a thing very very very little designers and engineers get to enjoy. The enjoyment comes from YOU knowing you started it and ofcourse telling people your story.

I hope to bring some innovation to the geardrive market the coming weeks, ive been working for two years on it and im finally getting the parts. Im very exited, but i know that whenever i release it, somebody else will improve on it and sell a better or a similar version in about 3 months. Which is imho good, because then i can check why the other made certain decisions i havent thought of.

I made a shitton of cool designs (if i say so myself :rofl: ) for a very wide amount of fields already, yet i never get the credit, the company i work for does. And thats rare aswell, usually the customer gets the credit for “making” it and you bet your ass they are not going to say “hey but actually mr. Bavioze made the design” BUT when everyone hates the design you bet your ass they are pulling that shit “hey i know it sucked, but it was actually mr. Bavioze who did it”. Making and designing things is a very very ungrateful job.

This is just my experience with the thing you are talking about. I did not want to pull it towards myself here, just that its understandable why you are angry and i promise you many people have been burned like this so let me tag them for you.

@Ean.esk8 got his geardrive designs stolen by meepo the second he put them out.
@Gamer43 made an antispark for flipsky they didnt pay him for.
@Savage1 after people noticed the tkp craze meepo etc just made tkp boards.
@RipTideSports i bet Brad had his own share of bushing bashing troubles (just a hunch)
@XBoard feels like his glove designs are stolen.
@hummieee got his deck design copied.
@Tony_Stark put in massive research (costs) for other eskate vendors to sell the motors with his research cheaper not mentioning him.
@Venom121212 got his soapy bathwater tub designs stolen and resold.
@MBS i remember that a certain company bought mbs boards, swapped their own composite decks (cough) and sold the leftover boards supplied, undercutting mbs by some margin.
@Trampa (apparently) got their hubs copied by sunmate, let alone straight up copies on whay they believe is their product name “vesc”
@moon had his own share of problems.
@rey8801 lets not forget he was one of the first to think of the “hammock” system for adjustable baseplates
@ boosted basically got their designs ripped off
@ evolve their design philosophy has been copied more than boosteds now.
@IDEA has his designs being copied.

We are all riding to this day on copied dimensions from caliber 2 trucks, which then i believe are copied from paris trucks.

These are just some recent things at play that i can remember.

And let me add actually that my design of wheels would not have been possible without the help of both @surfnacho and @moon these guys helped me without their own benefit and made a huge improvement in my engineering skills.

Im till this day still thinking about the misunderstanding between me and @surfnacho where i did basically the dick move (by accident).

18 Likes

hold up whats this about buying justins used bath water? :wink:

5 Likes