Looking for drive train recommendations, (12s4p 40T, dual Escape, SR RKP)

I think I want to drop the belt setup on my latest build. I spent 2019 building yet another Evo board but with a 12s4p 40t battery and dual Escapes in a very tight package. The plan was to use maytech 6880s + surfrodz rkp in a belt setup for a really nice high power street board- but they aren’t really cooperating. One of the motors has a problem, if I put a load on the axle something scrapes inside with a lot of resistance. This has me thinking if I’m taking this apart again maybe I should change it. Never really liked the way this belt drive looked either.

Anyone have any gear drives for surf rodz for use with 107/110mm wheels?

2 Likes

@moon your lycan drive coming along?

3 Likes

No notable updates unfortunately.

Doesn’t @Janux-esk8 sell gear drives for surfrodz?

@3DServisas and so offers them with the proper adaptors for those rkp trucks I think

2 Likes

3d servisas may still have some surf rodz fatboy hangers which would work with their gear drives

1 Like

I’d swap the hanger for something else that would work. Drives gotta be good for urethane tho. Haven’t considered the janux drives, anyone using them?

1 Like

Sorry for the hijack but…
Do dual 6880s fit fine on the 200mm SR RKP trucks? I have a set and I’m at the point where I need to order motors.

I was under the impression that only 6374s would fit these dual with 15mm belts.

Thx!

1 Like

Doubt it unless you get crazy with spacers and shoulder bolts, this is 6374s

2 Likes

Are those sk3?

Yeah so 88mm long

3 Likes

Yeah so 80mm would fit

1 Like

6396 could fit with some tinkering

I always forget these are liar motors. Good catch

2 Likes

Das is good to know. Thx

janux is coming out with $200 sealed belt drives thats compatible with surfrodz

6880s fit, that’s what is in the picture. I have an extra unused motor if interested (3 total). I bailed on the belt drive and quit looking for gear drive options for urethane. Gonna adapt the spiral drives for SR

1 Like