Lacroix Introduces: The Barrel

I think they start shipping in the next week. Knowing LaCroix’s historic quality, I’d be surprised if it doesn’t compete with the similar china boards

2 Likes

Doubt there is anything out there that will be as good as this…especially at this price point, for a medium performance board this will likely be a staple for a long time

3 Likes

:face_exhaling:

Your reply is dubious for a number of reasons.

…but to answer your question, probably not, no.

9 Likes

lol, why is it dubious? because i recently found out about this forum and asked some questions?

The Acedeck board is nowhere near on par. The Barrel runs on one of the best controller ever and is going to be a much better board then anything running a lingy Or hobby wing.

9 Likes

I’m prepared to accept the possibility that I might be wrong but it struck me as a curious comparison to make, firstly on account of the apparent difference in use-cases, secondly because one is a proven premium brand and the other is a Chinese knock-off unknown and thirdly because you appear out of nowhere onto a Lacroix thread to plug a Lacroix knock-off. Dubious.

But I recently learned about Hanlon’s Razor and need to bear it in mind more often.

3 Likes

lol come on man, the puck is only good because it’s barebones basic. Also Acedeck isn’t Hobby Wing or Lingy.

1 Like

i’d like to see a teardown video, especially depotting the esc

5 Likes

What esc is it then if we may ask?

3 Likes

Yes. It is very good. :blush:

2 Likes

Wait, @Skyart was referring to the ESC, not the remote.

3 Likes

I was referring to the controller not remote

2 Likes

well my comment remains extant, it’s neither Hobby Wing or Lingy.

if you want no control, yea.

1 Like

allegedly.

Second recent company to come out with their “own developed ESC” with exactly the same UI, buttons and control scheme as hobbywing.

3 Likes

What is the manufacturer and model number of the electronic speed controller that connects to the motors?

2 Likes

Edit: The one i seem to reference was the Tynee explorer. (Also using their “own” esc.)

Also for reference the shapes and buttons.

All have a smaller powerbutton
a Larger function button with 3 stripes and a screen on the bottom with basically the same exact display/borders

hobbywing
grafik

Tynee “own ESC”
grafik

acedeck “own esc”

(Will be moving all this to a different thread soon.)

8 Likes

so they’re not the same…got it.

1 Like

It seems really likely they are the same factory but simply rebranded.

So probably using the exact same commutation code.

6 Likes

This is my guess.

Some sort of side brand for those wanting to boast having “developed their own esc”

5 Likes