Lacroix Introduces: The Barrel

LaCroix dropped the ball on that one - a “budget” LaCroix would sell like hotcakes. Who would’ve thunk

3 Likes

IMO Lacroix shouldn’t be selling boards they can’t ship in a reasonable amount of time, considering their order cancellation policy is “LOL, nah bruh”

11 Likes

Yeah anyone who bought a stormcore 100D back in June is SOL if they want their money back. Its pretty shitty behavior imo.

4 Likes

It’s kinda the usual Quebecois attitude though

are they still making them?

1 Like

Yes. Friend just got a tracking number for an order from June.

Shit happens. But yeah presale goes both ways. Nice to secure your spot. But sucks not knowing when you get stuff. Currently it’s just the nature of the world right now.

3 Likes

As a LSSS owner id gotta give lacroix CS a 1/10 as of recent. His video is still junk tho

(https://forum.esk8.news/t/the-bitching-thread-bitch-about-random-shit-get-it-all-off-your-chest/8694/5718)

2 Likes

Always pay with credit cards and do a charge back if absolutely necessary. I understand they are a small business and managing inventory is extremely difficulty especially if you have to float capital to have that inventory but they flat out shouldnt be selling hundreds of items that they have zero idea when or if they will arrive. The 100dx issue is insane.

Consumers buying from big or small companies need to stop accepting giving what amounts to free loans for 60,90 or 120 days. Preorders and pre sales stuff has gotten out of hand.

8 Likes

I’m fine with the long wait time, just tell me its going to be a month out instead of coming back with the same “1-2 more weeks” lie for 3 months

6 Likes

100% agree too. If they have no idea just say you dont know.

2 Likes

Also the same story with some repairs guys vacation, he got back over a month ago on September 25th and I haven’t heard an update about my original 100d, last they told me is they’re recieveing the units they sent him(3-4 weeks ago now). is lacroix just blowing off their customers during the summer and getting around to fixing stuff in the winter? because with my $7k board thats been sitting on the floor, flayed open, upside-down- it sure seems like it

1 Like

I think I’m just a boomer in this, but I dislike the pre-sale model and don’t buy things that way.

Getting back on topic - from what I’ve seen on facebook, people seem very happy with their Barrels, and it looks like a rad board.

4 Likes

I received my repair unit back last week and had the same vacation email. It took 1 year and a lot of emails unfortunately but at least it wasn’t my daily driver

1 Like

My barrel has been delivered and I’ll meet up w it come this weekend.

Waited for waaaaaaaay too long and at some point got frustrated and canceled it only to be convinced to ‘un-cancel’ it.

Agree w the CC comment above and it is what bothered me- essentially an interest free loan for as long as they take to put the product together.

Particularly if things aren’t customizable… there shouldn’t be a wait time. Just let me know when the product is read and I’ll buy it then. At this point, this is arriving essentially in the winter and I’m sure I’ll get a couple of nice rides in… but then put it away for the season.

That said, I have an order in for a new suv and have had similar issues being pushed back 6 weeks from initial ETA. So, it happens.

Will report back.

4 Likes

This sentiment is definitely fair. But in this instance people knew it was preorder before coughing up any cash, so the shouldn’t have been ignorant of the potential outcomes. There are other companies in this industry very willing to take much larger unwilling customer backed loans for a much longer timeframe as well…

These days, no one should be optimistic about anything delivering in promised timelines unfortunately. Total crapshoot out here.

1 Like

No mistake this was very well known to the pre purchasers.

Myself when I ordered mine it said instock and shipping.

Im saying consumers in general need to stop participating in this practice because its fully spun out of control in almost every market doing this. If lacroix or whoever wants to keep doing it thats their choice but consumers shouldnt accept it.

100% there are worse examples of this but that doesn’t make it any better. Id say if you have a good reputation in the community it actually makes you look worse. The bar is higher for you. So effectively you have nothing to gain and only customers to lose.

Take Kaly.nyc for example. It was 14 months? Before he announced the XLR and shipped the first one. From my understanding hes only just gotten through his prorders. That fan base doesn’t care but it certainly drives new customers away.

As posted above I think the main issue is setting a date and not being sure. If you don’t know for sure don’t say. There are too many unforeseen issues.

4 Likes

So much OPUD, so little UPOD these days

I dunno man, I get gear interstate from @glyphiks quicker than Domino’s can deliver a pan Hawaiian.

2 Likes

So, anyone knows what is the correct length of the Barrel ? the website still states 42" ,is that correct ?