Kushboard Athena | 39 Evo | BN 220s | Spiral Bevel GD | SK3s 192kv | TB6 ESC | Zoobomb 111mms

The red aluminum part you mean?

Yea that part that slips over the hanger.

3 Likes

Been awhile. Was busy with life and fixing a few of my friend’s boards.

I got Riptide bushings in 80 and 85A, popped the hammocks on them. I’m gonna get to painting the deck and put them together this week

18 Likes

Silver goes on first

Hmm… this green? I might make it darker

4 Likes

That drivetrain looks so nice, are you sure that’s gonna be stable with such a low duro?

2 Likes

Yep, i ran the same bushing combo on this build, and have gone 60km/h on it. Split angles are great.

4 Likes

Hey man, thought I’d let you know I developed cracks in 2 sets of those motor plates. Material is too thin there. I ended up getting some thicker aluminum with just the holes I needed. If you want a DXF let me know.

I’ll post an update soon

11 Likes

Better yet, machine a pair for me! :joy:

4 Likes

I could forward you a pair from Sendcutsend or Oshcut. But I’d assume there must be similar laser cut services available there no? I paid about $32usd for the pair shipped to me.

This was what I sent them, which was a pretty exact fit. They don’t countersink so you’d have to add that yourself.

That works too.
How much thicker is this? With the extra thickness, the mating points of the gears would have to be taken into account too?

Silver stripe masked, and metallic gray goes on next

4 Likes

Then did transparent blue and yellow over, which gave me this foresty green. Nice. I’m thinking of leaving the sides and bottom metallic gray, just because.

8 Likes

I can’t stop looking at it.

On goes my logo, and a subtle black line where the silver meets the green. Clear coat goes on next. Then I’ll bring it home and hopefully put it together for a maiden ride

20 Likes

HAY. Where you get them spiral bevels? Gimme.

3 Likes

I found it in the last level basement of @jeffwuneo’s 20 stage boss factory, right next to the Jedboard AWD. I knew what I had to pick

11 Likes

Bro this paint is amazing :eyes: :heart_eyes:

text summary to get my brain around it, please?

Prime
Silver
Metallic gray
Blue
Yellow

What makes the paint texture, just from multiple light mist coats?

Did you bedliner some other decks before paint?

3 Likes

Yep, that’s right.

The paint texture on top is truck bedliner, i’ve been using that as my ‘grip’ for all of my builds. No more griptape for me!

4 Likes

So you bedliner it before the (first) silver?

2 Likes

Yep, I spray the bedliner, which is black, and then my colors over it.

4 Likes

@Linny Every time I see you post, I have to :eyes:. In my opinion, there are great builds, and then there are Linny builds. Absolute master craftsman sir!!

5 Likes