keyless locking bushings. anyone use them?

Kt(torque constant) = oz-in/Amp gives reasonable results.

Kt = 1355/Kv i get different results than kt=kv/9.55

i get 5.42 ft/lbs off the motor shaft WITH ASSUMED 100 AMPS and 130kv motor with kt=1355/kv formula

with (9.5:1) gearing I assume im just multiplying that motor torque ( 5.42 x 9.5= 51.5 ft/lbs.)

that seems an awful lot but i think its right. disappointingly way beyond the 17nm that the device can hold.
I think I can use this 17nm locking bushing on the motor shaft and its driven pulley shaft as with that side being 24 and 70 tooth pulleys equaling a 2.91:1 gear ratio i think can just multiply by 2.91 for that and will be 16.38 ft/lbs and under the 17nm limit of the 12mm shaft bushing

and think on the other side of the jackshaft then jumps it up the huge 9x and out of the range of this locking bushing

24 and 78 on that side of the jackshaft.
what torque will that 24 tooth see?
and the wheel pulley at 78 teeth seeing the whopping 51.5 ft/lbs at 100 amps(be mounting it with bolts so not an issue)
but maybe the shaft and pulley just before last, the third, 24 tooth, other side of the jackshaft, hopefully someone will convince me what torque it will see. hopefully its less than 17nm but my bet is ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ ill stew on it

with the (kv/.95) formula i end up with 67.26 ft/lbs at the rear wheel with 9.5:1 gear. but i went with other kt=1355/kv formula from rcgroups. where all the motor gurus hangā€¦or used toā€¦but they will come back when needed.

this one does 43ft/lbs and looks cool. how come none of you have these devices!!

talked to the people who make this one, Climax, what a name,ā€¦told him i wanted to make a vehicle with it and would be doing 7000rpm and he said he couldnt tell me anything knowing that due to insurance. so i tell him im also making a stationary conveyer belt and it does 7000rpm at the shaft! he doesnt believe me and says itā€™s too unbalanced for high speed. i try more and I can slow my conveyer belt down to 4000rpm. he doesnt believe me. good day to you too and gone. i call Fenner Drives that make the bushing above with the crescent wrench tightening. the 17nm one above. he tells me 70,000rpm is the limit and their liability limit is aerospace. if Iā€™m not telling him Iā€™m planning to make a spaceship with it or doing 500v im good.

realized i was looking at Fennerā€™s ā€œmicroā€ version and thereā€™s also a ā€œminiā€ version that also does the same sizes but much more torque. so no need to realize what torque is really happening on the other side of the jackshaft

Hey, did this mafs aswell, but found that i needed like really large modulus for my gears (if i remember like 3 mm), so i did some things wrong ofc, how big did you choose to make the modulus of your teeth?

I went with 1.5 steel on steel, but thats wayyyy to much hahahahaha oh well.

Mine are module 1, so I named it Boardnamics M1. I used Lewis equation + some other stuff

1 Like

Love ya, thanks!

found a maker in india who makes a clone of the transtorque for 8mm shafts and am going to order a couple to test. Write if you want to get 2.

30 ft/lbs capable is good

TTQM0820 Fenner Drives Trantorque Mini - Metric - Steel - 8mm ā€” Beltsmart

fits 8mm shafts.

1 Like