Just built my first board but I’m not really happy with it

Or one unlock-tited screw away from desolation.

4 Likes

Come on! Positive! Be positive! Always positive!
The day I broke up with my first girlfriend I was wearing a condom. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Best to start from scratch
Toss the hub motors They have never been or will be any good :rofl:

3 Likes

umm so do you like wear that every day or just on special occasions?

Back to OP, @JoeyZ5 show us your deck that might explain a thing or two.

I do not wear that 3 decades ago. Stay on topic.
Always positive.

2 Likes

It’s just a Vanguard clone I guess, it’s fairly springy, I feel it absorbing some big bumps when riding but it’s the small cracks and pebbles that rattle it.

1 Like

I’ve seen that deck before Is that like stock wowgo?

because I’ve tried the wowgo and hated the convex form.

1 Like

No its just a blank longboard deck I bought from custom skateboards. I really like it, has some flex and I feel the curve of it gives me more control. https://www.customskateboards.com/blank-longboards/Blank-Freeride

1 Like

Idea,

126 + cheap pulley kit from china and you could have most required for single drive.

edit: you don’t even have an esc sorry this is worse than I thought.

4 Likes

@JoeyZ5 im with @CiscoV. Suffer this one and learn what you dont like about this board. Take that hard-won experience and build the thing you want.

Save your money, and start saving more. This rabbit hole is deep.

6 Likes

@blitz I was looking at that motor mount but a majority of the reviews were one star, it didn’t seem to promising. Is the Boardnamics Caliber II motor mount good? It seems to be popular

3 Likes

yeah you’re right. I do like the look of the boardnamics mounts.
maybe just make another build have one small sleek last mile build (what you have) and then one cadillac

Go for the boardnamics mount if you end up going belt drive they are some of the best mounts you can get considering how crazy low the price on the is on them

1 Like

Can I fit something like dual Flipsky 6354 motors, cloud wheels, and 10mm pulleys on caliber II 10" trucks with the boardnamics mounts? Or will I have spacing issues with that setup?

3 Likes

That’s a relatively typical drivetrain, you can run 15mm belts on that with some clearance to spare if I remember correctly

3 Likes

Yes that’s a solid setup but not exactly great without a vesc

The esc is designed for a specific type of motor not any random ones

I would say you should carefully look for deals around the forum and wait for someone to put up a nice pair of vescs for cheap from there you can look for wheels pulleys mounts and etc

2 Likes

HMU if you want good drivetrain parts for cheap
I have some good stuff laying around. I can hook you up

9 Likes

Yeah, I love how your “rejects” are all things I would club a baby seal to get.

4 Likes

I think I got him covered for now, he’ll probably come back soon enough with bigger dreams though…they always do :grin:

3 Likes

DO NOT use those Amazon mounts. They will snap and they will snap quickly. If it needs to be caliber 2 and it needs to be cheap go for these

4 Likes