I had 2 short sessions in the dirt park to slowly get used to jumping again.

Unfortunately, the trails are very overgrown with grass, which makes it very difficult to ride. The kickers aren’t even wide enough to jump off properly.

I don’t know yet if I’ll find the time to remove all the grass and widen the paths. That’s a hell of a lot of work.

There is also a kind of jump box with flat landing, which is very steep and about 2 meters high. It’s like a wall.

I jumped it several times. I was a little scared at first, but it’s a lot of fun.

I measured the angle at the steepest spot, crazy!

My second session didn’t last long because during the landing the battery flew away. I then slammed on the brakes and dragged it a few meters in front of me.

The case is pretty scratched and I’m really glad I didn’t mount the lipos unprotected.

I now have to think of a new and better way to mount it.


New day, new luck, new box!
I happened to find a slightly larger box and was able to use washers, which I couldn’t do with the old box due to lack of space.

Then I screwed on another box for the second battery. This box is so big that you can also fit a BMS on top of it but I don’t really like how it looks.

But what I really like about the replaceable battery system is that you can try out and develop new ideas at any time and that hardly costs any money. The new grey box including wood costs 3.4 € :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The time had come to test this.

That worked wonderfully. And what I’ve been surprised about since the beginning is that these 2 bolts don’t get loose. It just keeps. In the past I have mounted top cases with M4 bolts. Even with a lot of thread locker, they usually became loose, often after a short time.

On my dirt machine with the new Haero E-MTB deck I was very surprised that the M6 bolts didn’t loosen at all without thread locker. That’s why I’ve now used M6 instead of the planned M5 for the first time and I’m very happy about it.

What I’m not happy with is the left narrow line in dirt park. So it was time to change something.

With this greenery it is impossible to ride this kicker.

not perfect but the first step is done

next kicker

The paths between the jumps are sooo narrow.

This tool works well on smaller raised areas with grass.

I then have to cut out the rest with a spade. The kickers also have to be widened. But to do this I have to build a structure so that the new earth doesn’t slide sideways…

Anyway, I continued jumping. I tried the left line again for the first time in 3 years. After I jumped the first kicker a few times, I then tried the second one and fell while landing.

That’s exactly why I always have a first aid kit with me, also a wound disinfectant spray

Let’s goooooo again

time for the second battery

Then it was already dusk. And I rode on until I couldn’t see anything at all.

Then on the way home in total darkness the battery on the remote control went dead and I had to walk.


Yesterday it rained heavily all day and I took the opportunity to shovel in the dirt park.

First I made the middle lane wider.

Then the left line

Followed by the line to the first kicker

After a few hours I was physically exhausted and completely soaked.

But I’m very happy with how much has progressed. Without the heavy rain, the same work would have taken many, many days.


I got up early today at 5:00 a.m. to go to work. Afterwards I was in the dirt park and it was hard to believe that it was dry again because of the warm weather. It was so great and I had a lot of fun.

I shot my first video in over 3 years. I’m so excited. It will probably take me a while to finish this, but in the meantime here are a few screenshots.


Christ i wish we had something like that near me. Love this.