It's that time of the year.. all-out £5000+ 4wd build

Three quarters of my past parts bin was their broken shit. Theseus’s esk8 and all that, every time a flipshit part broke, replaced with anything better quality and it lasted forever

3 Likes

Skyart sells those reacher tech 6485 (I think) they are solid and should last a lifetime

3 Likes

Not sure which Lacroix deck you’re into but I own a @tomiboi Honey Badger which is similar to the Protipo iirc and I love it. Solid platorm and available w a ds enclosure. I’d take a good look at his offerings before making concessions trying to obtain Lacroix. My $0.02

8 Likes

Give me a shout if you have any questions about my decks. I have a few that might work out for you.

3 Likes

What voltage are you going for, Ennoid BMS work with VESC.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Need 63100 or bigger, possibly into 70xxx territory too, depending on gearbox clearances

I’ve seen bike lights that use an accelerometer to brighten when you hit the brakes.

Does anyone make something similar for esk8?

3 Likes

It is close to what i want, but… i specifically want the compartments in the enclosure for the flex. Also official grip design is pretty nice and i know i’ll never be able to copy that

18S and 10+ amps

Definitely an option! Just don’t know how i’ll fix those scratches. I’ll consider it if there’s no other way to get one

1 Like

Used them, from multiple vendors at various price points. 100% of the time they did nothing useful once i start moving. Too many vibrations even on 9 inch wheels. Also don’t want batteries to charge. One (remote) becomes 5 in no time

Go w the 41" then :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

@Skyart sells reacher 7490 motors which look/sound pretty nice

1 Like

And some controllers to go along with em!

2 Likes

Just email them

Why? Vesc can’t even work with itself, why you want it to compromise your battery too?

Easy option would be Spintend

@ApexBoards or @Rad

7 Likes

Writing an email can certainly get you just parts from them. I wrote them about just a deck a few months ago and they responded. The price was more than i wanted but they seemed willing to play ball email never hurts.

1 Like

I nearly wet myself. That is exactly what i want, times 4.

Nothing like having just the motors weigh more than a boosted board

1 Like

I’ll do just that.

About the bms, because i want to be able to keep an eye on it from just one app, and the vescs to quit drawing power if something gets bad. I’m well versed in the vesc tool, can’t say i found something truly fucked up with no workaround yet. Chinesium apps on the other hand…

Spitend would require their remote i think. Haven’t checked in quite a while what they’re up to.

@ApexBoards still doing custom batteries?

1 Like

How much?

1 Like

Have you had issues with a BMS app? The iOS one for LTT smart bms has been solid for me.

1 Like

The brake lights for the spintend still work without the spintend remote. I’m sure there are aftermarket light kits that do the same thing though. Maybe the TTL lights from @Ricco

I feel like using any vesc/bms integration you would be paying with skin to be a beta tester. Good luck with that.

4 Likes