Is this Lacroix Lonestar a good deal?

Hello guys. After I’ve done +2000 km on my Zealot it’s time for an upgrade. I wanted an AT and started looking at china based boards but the shipping time or air shipping seem a bit too high for me (2 months / 200$). I couldn’t find an esk8 community in my country but encountered someone that is selling a Lacroix Lonestar. He just bought it for fun but didn’t quite catch him.
It’s an old 12s10p model but it’s almost brand new, 2-300 km on it. Has falcon drive,titanium axels and back/front lights. Is 2700$ a good deal or just regular-ish?
Thanks.

That sounds like too good of a deal to be true, especially with the upgrades he has

3 Likes

So it’s a 2 year old board then, right? If it’s been sitting in the garage gathering dust on a full charge or something, that would suck. Replacing that battery will set you back a pretty penny.

The Falcon drives are more recent though, aren’t they? If so, the guy buys the board, sticks a handful of miles on it, buys and fits a ~$500 GD, sticks another handful of miles on it then decides it’s not for him? Could be, I suppose.

I dunno, maybe I’ve got the whole timeline wrong here but it would be good to see the receipt(s), the state of wear-and-tear and to quiz him on his battery care.

Where are you anyway? And where’s the board?

1 Like

Yeah I was skeptical at first. He has the receipts from may last year, bought everything from a EU website, even the overpriced tool kit. Even the tires have those little knobs on them. The main issue for me was also the battery, I don’t know if he followed the li ion storage standards. The board itself and everything is 3.4k USD but he either wants money or to change with another product I’ve found on the second user market for 2.7k.

2 Likes

Seems like a fair price to me. Not outrageously high or low considering it’s the 12s version

1 Like