Is my ESC fried?

Barely noticeable

If it’s warmer than ambient that’s already it. Next step for me would be to probe the vdd pins

1 Like

Use a multimeter, doesn’t need to be high amps. turn off the vesc and check if the input positive cable has continuity with any of the grounds

I’m not an electrician, gimme dumb speak

Also should I take that shrink wrap plastic off now

2 Likes

High amps are only happening when the motor is spinning, and even then really only with loading like up a hill

Set dmm to resistance and measure across the esc power connector but with battery disconnected!

Though I suspect that won’t tell you anything.

Turn Multimeter to this setting, with battery disconnected put one prong on positive cable going into vesc, and one prong on any ground you find on the vesc (There is one in the UART port for example) if multimeter goes beep or the number on the display of the multimeter changes, its done

3 Likes

I’m gonna need to find a new multimeter. Regardless, I gotta go now, but I’ll try and figure it out later. I’m guessing it’s fried. Now I gotta get a new one Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

I think @BigZwatt was selling some cheap single vescs in his most recent sales thread

1 Like

That I do

1 Like

What vescs do you have?

1 Like

I have 2 maytech 4.12s

Oh yeah, I already talked to you lol

2 Likes

Do they have the connector the vx1 uses?

1 Like

The. Have ppm connectors . what does it look like is it ppm or uart. I’m not familiar with the vx1

1 Like

It’s uart. I guess I could use it like a regular ppm I think

The receiver has pins for ppm connection. They are the ones marked s 5v and -

to the left of the pin outs.

That lone one is for battery life to handset.

2 Likes