[Complete] Eboosted 42" vanguard enclosure group buy

I already have the battery and deck, and some of us are international so shipping batteries is a pretty bad idea.

4 Likes

3 more, c’mon ppl!

3 Likes

A good thane build on decent road beats any pneumies build in terms of smoothness by a mile. The predictable grip, knowing how much you’ll turn by how much force you give into the carve is exactly the same every carve, etc… You really gotta try it to appreciate it.

And honestly, at the speeds you’re talking about, is really way beyond the max rpm a pneumatic tire should be spinning at. It gets heated up too quickly and becomes problematic with cheaper outer tires. Thane on the other hand gets over 100km/h easily without breaking a sweat, I bet if you go deeper down the max speed rabbit hole you’ll dig more and more into thanes too.

At 40mph I’d rather be on cloudwheels than on pneumatics.

1 Like

def agree that thanes feel smoother, but def disagree that they’re better at high speeds

my love for the 38 is immeasurable, i bet i’ll be into the 42" if only it had the same aspect ratio of the 38, basically a size bigger all around unlike how it is now, just randomly long.

1 Like

my speed build rn uses 105bb. The only “fast” build (over 60km/h) that I own which uses pneumatics has the meepo cyclone tires on them with proper weight balancing.

yeah my evo build has 8 inch clevers right now, and it feels ultra stable at ~44mph

never ridden a thane wheel that could even come close to the stability of pneumies at speeds above 40

I agree to a degree. I’ve done higher speeds on both thane and pneumatics, but for me personally there are not many places I ride where I am comfortable pushing thane to speeds of 40mph. A good pneumatic set up However…I can generraly ride really fast just about Anywhere. My pneumatic builds 100% are always as smooth and wobble free as any thane build out there, and even at speeds of 50mph, I havnt found heating to be an issue for the tires I use.

1 Like

Urethane slips and skids significantly more than pneumatics based on my relatively limited difference, braking hard at speed causes my pneumatics to skip but it is biting and the urethane just locks up and slides

I think it’s because pneumatics have a higher rebound and lower durometer so there is more constant normal force and more deformation which means more traction

Low pressure treaded 8" has hella grip pretty much everywhere, I did a lot of time on hubs when I started skating and only had good grip on fresh asphalt (when it’s still more black than grey), thane on brick is a recipe for pain

2 Likes

I agree, you have to be ultra picky with your duro and type of thane you use for high speeds

2 Likes

on another note, @Skyart you def need a 42 inch enclosure don’t ya? go ahead and vote :smiley:

1 Like

Lol, shoot…I don’t even have a loaded deck tho. :sob:

well that’s an easy fix

1 Like

Il do this…I buy as many enclosure as people want me to build batteries for…and give everyone that wants a vanguard HV pack a 10% discount on the pack…should equal to about a free enclosure :kissing_heart:

ITS HV SEASON BABY!!!

13 Likes

I love this game. Everyone’s winning!

1 Like

Lol this reminds me of the time in college where I rode my push board through rain on brick…. while holding froyo. Yeah recipe for disaster for sure, froyo survived though :laughing:

2 Likes

i’m definitely down for this. Super excited to convert my vanguard into a long-range beast.

3 Likes

yeah we’re 3 people short. im gonna start reaching out onto facebook i guess

1 Like

DM Me!

1 Like

what would that make the pack come out to after discount? I’m trying to budget this out now…

2 Likes