If'm were all going to 20s..

will LiOns still supports us… is the next step into the future a step back into the past?

1 Like

Depends on which controller you choose to use.

5 Likes

You getting drunker by the second. Couldn’t even wait for us

4 Likes

My EUC is 20s Li Ion. Runs great

3 Likes

My ebike is 20s too. Euc uses a completely different esc or it could be done with an esk8 esc?

1 Like

Completely different esc. They tend to be quite large boards with very large mosfets.

1 Like

I do find it interesting tho that replacement euc motherboards that run 20s don’t cost much more than 100 bucks USD

6 Likes

I’m sorry are taking about going back to lipo ? Nimh ? nice? Lead acid?

Why would 20s require a different technology

4 Likes

Considering electric cars that run even higher voltage still use liion, I don’t see a reason to this question

6 Likes

Because aluminum ion is just better in every way.

Safer, easier to produce, triple the amps.

once we figure out how to make a practical battery.

3 Likes

Forums need ignore functions :frowning:

2 Likes

At 20s you don’t need 120 amp packs.
20s3p will do most of us. That’s only 60 cells. I built an 72 cell pack (12S) today.

3 Likes

How about 24S or 26S my man, given how many people have 12S or 13S packs… Rewire the P groups in series. Badaboom.

Well EUC motors are like 40kv. So you’re running them at only maybe 3000W at most, which is only 30 amps. An 80A standard VESC6 is 4000W. So the EUC ESC isn’t really more powerful, its just designed for higher voltage

1 Like

Iunno, atleast to me reducing the ‘common‘ cell count instead of raising it seems like a simpler choice.
Less cells means less hardware connecting each cell, which means more real estate for Ah and cheaper total battery costs.
It also makes it less common that a cell will go bad simply because there are less cells?.. or maybe not because of the higher amps and heat.
Then we would just need to work on gearing, motors with greater torque… etc to adapt our builds over time, while retaining or possibly improving the performance. right?

…MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm 20s worth of LiPo punches to our cockles…

2 Likes

Power loss from wires in the battery and the motor is proportional to the square of current.

Lower current higher voltage is almost always more efficient because of the quadratic relationship. Linear increase in resistance but quadratic decrease in power loss.

Literally every other industry is scratching its head and laughing at this market’s absolutely ridiculous current requirements and saying “thank goodness those people are not my customers

Also why real engineers can’t be bothered with this market. Too much work for too little return. They’re busy working for big industrial players like rockwell or boeing.

3 Likes

i haven’t seen many bad reps from the knitting crowd I run with

1 Like