if focbox is flickering blue when plugged in

is that bad news? cant get it to connect to the computer

2 Likes

Blue is just for power on the VCC line,

can you measure if you have a short/low resistance between ground and VCC, swapping the regulator might be the fix

1 Like

how would i check that? its not going through the light sequence i remember

1 Like

Guessing the Fuckbox are pretty identical with the original schematic.
Just meassure on the GND side of R7 and the top side of the LED

1 Like

ok so open it up and find those right?

1 Like

That’d be good. Dont have to meassure on those specific locations, as long as you do GND and VCC on the probes.

1 Like

ok thanks. what am i looking for? i feel it needs a fix of some kind and wont even connect to my computer

1 Like

Do that meassurement when its powered off btw.
If it looks normal (should be around 1 kOhm or so, cant remember what the lowest value between vcc and gnd is), you can meassure voltage between the same two potentials and see if you have anything there(this time it needs to be on however).

Betting its either MCU giving up(shorting internaly) or the regulator having trouble compenstating for a short somewhere

2 Likes

Anything I can do to fix it? I guess me would depend on the details but is anyone fixing these in USA ?

1 Like

should be very fixable. Just need a new MCU or regulator. Or find w/e the short is if its not one of the two.
Given that you’re confident soldering etc.

3 Likes

I guess it could be the DRV as well if the 5V is giving up.
DRV makes the 5V and if that dissapears the VCC(3.3V) will too obv. But Thats usually not what happens when the DRV gives out

1 Like

Very possibly the led itself as well. Most DMM have a diode test function. Might be worth doing if the resistor checks out.

If I were a betting man I’d say it’s a bad solder connection somewhere

2 Likes

He’d prob get a connection via USB if it was only the LED :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm true. Unless the led was failing as short periodically or something pulling the rail down.
Maybe arching? Idk honestly just spitballing

1 Like

the motor got baked too. i repeatedly was doing the foc test and each time i did it i noticed crinkling noises and eventually tiny plums of smoke from my 12s3p taped together battery! i dont know what current went through but to make magnet wire go black and stink takes a lot. i imagine the focbox in the middle got really cooked.

2 Likes

Could def. be DRV then :joy:

2 Likes

Battery smoking
Focbox not working
Motor melted.

Skatan suggests you may wanna try analog

3 Likes

getting another focbox in an hour and jumping back on the horse. its an expensive hobby…or biz.

but in a stunning reversal of fortune i got 10k from unemployment! so it will all work out.

4 Likes

I’ll trade a pair of focbox for a pair hubs :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just send me the broken focbox with the hubs and I’ll fix it for you. lul.
Hopefully I can send back some hallsensor PCBs for the hubs with it on the way back.

1 Like