I saved a squirrel's life today, but also broke my board ๐Ÿ™ƒ

It jumped out right in front of me so I swerved going 26 ish mph straight into the curb where I flew off, hit my head on a tree, and rolled into the grass. Stood up to see I rolled a good 12 feet from sight of impact.

No injuries at all, helmet is scratched but the grass pretty much saved me.

Iโ€™m guessing the board ramped up the curb and slammed into something, I didnโ€™t see itโ€™s crash, I was too busy rolling

Welp, there goes 20 hrs of printing. Next time Iโ€™m printing in nylon.

13 Likes

Glad youโ€™re ok

4 Likes

Did you print in PLA first time?

Good to hear you are ok man

1 Like

Thanks

It was printed in petg, Iโ€™m probably going to use it as a buck and lay some cf or fiberglass. That was the original plan anyway

3 Likes

Yeah I am interested in using glass fibre to reinforce 3d printed enclosures too, itโ€™s a good method

3 Likes

Squirrels are dangerous, I canโ€™t count how many Iโ€™ve almost run over.

6 Likes

Iโ€™ve wanted to do something like that for a long time; have a stiff core for regitity, and thin layer of some high tensile strength material. Basically a composite material.

1 Like

@SeanHacker This thread is triggering.

2 Likes

SquirrelCatcher

Thread Derailed

11 Likes

That one time in Cali when we were skating through 100โ€™s of ground squirrels and you tagged one (accidentally)? RIP Bojack (thatโ€™s what I named him silently). At least we poured one out for the lil homie. :cry:

11 Likes

Fuck squirrels. Theyโ€™re road fodder.

2 Likes

Thatโ€™s what I shouldโ€™ve done

1 Like

Me too, have been thinking about it loads recently (not just for esk8 stuff) I will get round to giving it a go soon enough I think but I will also keep an eye out for anything you do.

I was watching a video on building an RC airliner and the dude was doing just that and achieved smooth and accurate surface finishes with it

1 Like

Ducks are my problem. Iโ€™ve ran over so many Iโ€™ve lost count. They see me and just walk into my path or around blind corners.

2 Likes

Squirrels = Rodent Assassin

Glad your ok.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Yo I should 3d print one and bolt it to my front base plate haha

2 Likes

I would use one. Especially on my fwd build. Just gotta figure out how to mount it

2 Likes

TPU
10damons

A guy on a lime scooter almost ran over this girls dog today when she was crossing the road. You saving a squirrel, a real man. Scooter dude, a real dickhead.

1 Like