I guess we are now grown ass dweebs

The comments are just as funny as her opinion

6 Likes

Ouch my ego, I’m destroyed, I’m a dweeb :sob::sob:

7 Likes

these are the same assholes that almost got bankrupted by hulk hogan.

remember they published his sex tape or whatever, the hulkster sued and won a LOT of money.

then got sold off.

either way, it’s a publication owned by fuckheads.

11 Likes

Hahah this is some pretentious pathetic journalism. She’s embarrassed by esk8 and I’m embarrassed for her writing. I like how she targets men on a personal level by criticizing potential insecurities in growing pains, saying shit like " The image of a man, say, in his 40s or 50s casually taking up skateboarding for the first time can be disconcerting to some, especially because it so often screams: “I am desperately trying to feel 25 again and also do you want to come back to my Dumbo loft and listen to Flipper.” It’s not about having a midlife crisis it’s about having fun. Some people will continue to personalize and project on others who are having fun when they are not :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Shit, I hate being a dweeb.

I don’t think other skaters/pedestrians realize just how badass and crazy our boards can get. The thought of comparing it to a scooter is insulting knowing most people push 30mph for 30 miles or more, with most riders having some sort of severe injury.

3 Likes

Sum’s it up well: “a judgmental woman with loud opinions who gets paid to write about them.”

If that’s not a good journalist, idk what is.

3 Likes

Well guys, after reading this very compelling article, I regretfully must announce my departure from esk8. I refuse to be associated with people of your stature, and as such, refuse to myself be tainted. If you need me, I’ll be doing something less lame, like building scale models of Narnia and roleplaying as my Spirit animal- jessup, the ferrocious pony
/S

18 Likes

I wonder what she’d thing of the $2500 beasts we make that hit 40mph like it’s nothing…if that’s not a risk I don’t know what it

2 Likes

It’s true, at least they’re transparent about it

How much for your leftover parts. Lol

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of fun

1 Like

Sounds like someone recently got dumped by a middle aged Esk8er. :sob:

8 Likes

I love how the community re discovers that article every 6 months :rofl:

8 Likes

My spirit animal is a balaclava

2 Likes

Mine is baklava

images

11 Likes

Santorini flashbacks. Baklava all day and 3000000000000 staircases to burn the calories off.

1 Like

And I’ll be reposting it in 6 months under another name…:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Is the name 12incher?

Now why’d you have to go and tell everyone…

You know me. Can’t keep my mouth closed :wink: