I cannot get this thing unjammed

Figured that was a given lol

3 Likes

I try to be careful of what I say. Next thing you know his board is on fire because he held a blowtorch to a motor for 5 minutes lol

3 Likes

Tried for 5 heat didn’t do it. I’ll get a gear puller

@Underoath888 Not to pry, but why are you taking the board apart if you’re your trying to sell it?

3 Likes

I don’t see how that pulls the gear off tbh

this is @kook from the future…

this will NOT end well!

7 Likes

Because it was already jammed and I wanted to make sure that it was put on the correct way so the seller didnt feel scammed

Trying to be honest since I knew it was already jammed

4 Likes

I always use the stove to remove pulleys, once it start smoking just pry with a screw driver and water on the motor shaft and motor

1 Like

I’ll just get a puller. Fire didn’t work

2 Likes

oh my gawd are you really that mechanically inept?

jaws slip under pulley, screw pushes motor out thru the pulley

6 Likes

It’s probably a key or a piece of the pulley/axle that got damaged and locked into place, a puller should work

2 Likes

Get this one.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-2/88821/1094?u=mobutusan

Lisle 54150 Battery Terminal and Wiper Arm Puller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I14RY6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FWWuEbD830ZBZ

1 Like

If you’re in orange county/LA you can borrow my gear puller

2 Likes

Oregon
But I’ll buy the one above.

2 Likes

All gears are the same? Mk I’ll buy it

It’s adjustable, the arms will get pushed in and clamp down on whatever it is pulling.

1 Like

Ordered it . Thanks guys

2 Likes

@BluPenguin has the solution… find autozone, wait outside until some farmer drives up in an ancient vehicle that he has kept on the road for a hunnert years, and impeach upon him to help you free the stuck, not jammed, pulley with the free loaner tools inside…

5 Likes

The only potential issue is that the pullers that they have probably have those really thick jaws that won’t fit between the pulley and the motor can. The wiper puller I linked above has really thin jaws to slide under the pulley, and the middle pushing part can be removed so the threaded part can fit into the pulley hole also. It really is the perfect tool for this application.

5 Likes

autozone has wiper arm pullers

6 Likes