Evan's Builds - Dremelseed, Nazare rebuild, Jaws rebuild

Current builds in my living room:

Edit - i sold the board below to build an 18s lacroix. I miss this board. The flex was magical. Actually slightly better than the new lacroix’s.

Current status - freaking unbelievable dream board. Straight cuts, riptide bushings, thick ass wide newbee pentagrams. This board fucks.

Original post:

I’m calling this board Huhu Honu, which means Angry Sea Turtle in Hawaiian. Edit - i this board became jawzare because it basically became a jaws with a nazare battery pack.

It wasn’t supposed to involve any DIY, but it arrived with a completely drained battery, so here we are.

Current next steps:

• Solder up a 12s5p p42a pack with P-groups spot welded by @Skyart
  • Radium riptide adapters and anti-sink plates in the mail
  • Mount SKP 175x50’s
  • Think about BN-AT gear drive
11 Likes

First job done. Regrip.

I don’t know how lacroix went from the timeless beauty of the prototipo to this monstrosity of a design.

The graphics are well under a layer of resin, otherwise I would sand them off and reveal the carbon fiber.

I went with Jessup ultragrip. I wanted something with a little more grip than normal skate grip tape, but mostly I needed an 12" wide grip tape, and this was one of the few that I could find online.

20 Likes

Boardnamics straight cut 3.95 ratio update. Required some dremel work. Don’t buy the 21t straight cut pinion if you are not comfortable with a dremel.

3 Likes

I blew up a sentinel by accidentally shorting next to the xt90 with an allen key. $120 to replace it, bit I’ll call it a win since my eyes are undamaged from the mini fireball I caused.

3 Likes

I bought this board used on FB marketplace. It showed up with a dead battery. Here’s some pics from the teardown and building the new battery. I purchased pre welded p groups from @Skyart . Thank you :pray:

Don’t try to recharge dead batteries. You’ll end up with a dangerously unbalanced pack like the one I had above.

10 Likes

Bummer about the battery. But I’m glad you’re making the best of it and really personalizing the board. Grip looks great! I’ma big fan of grip tape. Tried a few frit tops and they’re almost too good at their job. Mob is probably my fave.

3 Likes

excited to see this progress! love the griptape

1 Like

Fully agree.

This is a significant improvement, excellent job :ok_hand:

Reminds me a lot of the simple-yet-classy grip jobs that @SeanHacker is an expert at.

6 Likes

Agreed that it’s ugly as hell, but its magic under foot.

3 Likes

They say it’s some sort of snowboard top layer on their decks.
I didn’t like it, too so I just blacked out my board.
Having only the CF and then spots of griptape would be oh so nice.

2 Likes

If I ever need to replace this grip tape, I’ll take a sander and strip off the top layer, bringing it down to the carbon fiber. The carbon weave is interesting in a chaotic way. I’d love to have plain carbon with a few strips of vicious going across the foot pockets.

1 Like

Oh definitely!
Or just buy a spare deck for shits and giggles and go at it.

If the decks weren’t $375. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Ouch.
I once had the idea to make a lonestar out of my regular Nazaré, Lacroix quoted me 500,- euros for the enclosure, the taller baseplates would be another 100,- and I would t have a bigger battery by then.
Mega ouch.
I‘m going with a top box and that’s an end of it.

1 Like

Mega bump. I just filled in my build thread with info in all the saved posts. Board is done for now.

3 Likes

Lighting update. Added a 6.5” nighlight bar and a little olight tail light.

5 Likes

Now that is a fuckin headlight

3 Likes

Adding my new build here. I’ve always wanted to build a demonseed, so here it is. @whaddys sold me this sweet enclosure. It’s shallow so it needed a fat gasket.

No regrets on the vicious grip. This stuff is awesome.

I tried drop thru mounting at first but the clearance was awful. Being so low to the ground feels like you might slide out so I went with top mount.

I’m trying out a gt2b with this build and I like it a lot but it’s big and the trigger pull is pretty light.

Demonseed 42" composite (deck from rayne, $100 for factory 2nd)
It’s a 10s5p p26a pack built by @Mawzie
Bn220 w/ xl idler mounts and paris plates 50/43
Tb6380
Xenith
Duck battery handle

Not much else to say. Love this thing. Super fun to ride. This build is thane and it has that og skateboard feel.

6 Likes

JemonDizz :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice one dude! Although I gotta say, that battery looks like it it could gain some weight :grin:

3 Likes

You’re 100% right - the enclosure is just asking for a 16s battery. The current one is solid though, and gets like 25+ miles range

3 Likes