How to update firmware on the Flipsky 75100 & 75200 FOC ESC

I’m reading a motor thermistor temperature of about -10C. Beta looks right and other controllers read the temperature correctly.

Anybody else seeing unexpected temp readings?

1 Like

I can confirm that a 10k NTC thermistor with a beta of 3950K read the correct motor temperature when that was setup in the app.

Are the other controllers VESC? What is the multimeter ohm reading? Maybe the connector wiring is different? Do you have the same issue on the stock FW and hacked FW?

Other controller was FSESC 7550. Multimeter reads 11kOhm for the thermistor at room temp. Thermistor and 10 kOhm test resistor read at about -10C. Disconnected (open circuit) reads at -67C. Beta value 3900.

This is with 5.3 binary. Can check stock firmware in next couple of days.

Some ESCs have different hall sensor connector orders. Flipsky had errors in some of their schematics. I updated the main post with the correct schematic.

Edited out the vesc image as it’s too old to be relevant

1 Like

2022-01-19_18-03-57.csv (721.5 KB)

Little test uphill, 120a phase and 40a battery, 20s setup, single motor, ebike

1 Like

This is with hacked firmware with higher values. Capable of 150a motor current or more, same ride as previous post but with 150a of motor current

1 Like

Nice logs!

Damn, how did you get to 150A? I thought I limited that to 120A max. Did you edit that and set it to 150A?

Looks like it’s heating up to 85C pretty quickly for you too, though at very high current.

BTW you can hold CTRL and click multiple things like Motor Current, Power, Temp, etc.

Thanks for the tip, will do ctrl in future logs for multiple data. Yes, 85° fast but the hill good uphill but as we can conclude, heat can be a limitation, good cooling in needed, at moment good heatsink and air flow. Will keep updating, i used hacked firmware from a friend that allow to put more than original values. I tried 150, I will go up 170a, max MOSFETs i think is 195a but that is to much near limit.

1 Like

That’s awesome, and some serious amps from that controller.

I did a bit more reading on MOSFET ratings.

The MDP10N027 datasheet shows:

A blog on TI’s website says:

For instance the “package current rating” of the FET is for the most part, independent of ambient temperature, and is a function of the internal connections between the silicon die and the plastic package. Exceeding this value does not immediately guarantee that the FET will die, so much as prolonged use above this limit will begin to reduce the lifetime of the device. Failure mechanisms above this limit include but are not limited to wire fusion, thermal degradation of the molding compound, and issues cause by electromigration stresses.

We still would not recommend ever operating these devices over [the package limit] for any long duration of time. In the FET world, that means any current pulse longer than 100ms, above which can basically be considered DC.

I’m glad someone is experimenting and I’m really interested in the long term results, just know that you may end up with a hole in one of those mosfets if you push much past 120A :slight_smile:

That’s what I got when I did test against the wall for long time. One phase burned with big hole and little fire, phase cables still intact even after MOSFET steal melt., This is my second unity to make tests

1 Like

I love everything about this! Keep dreaming big :smiley:

I forgot to ask, how many amps were you pushing when it burned up?

40a battery 120 phase and 20s, i think I have log from it, need to find it, i know it was making 120a phase at the moment, for long time(10/15sec)

I did the same test with 60/120A for a couple seconds and nothing burned.

Perfect, my experience was also after few tests, was not first one, temperature was ok btw.

1 Like

This is a very early BETA unit and all VESC 6 after that batch have the swapped sort order.

3 Likes

Thanks, that eplains a few things…

Corrected my posts

1 Like

It is actually the text that is printed in the wrong sort order. The pinout is correct.
We stated that in the manual for these devices.

1 Like

10km/h increase with field weakening 20a in my setup. From 55 to 64 kph flat. Have log, hacked firmware till 160a phase, air cooled, rocking 100%, send log later today and graph