How To Connect 4 Single Vescs for 4WD

Don’t get it. Why? With the right HW it doesn’t matter if the escs switch on at one time or like after each other.

I guess not absolutely. You are right about hardware versions. I’m still using two unity on buttons. The vesc 6s in stock my stock trampa tolerate power on/off independent of canbus power.

Maytech 100a escs, 4.12hw, focbox 1.6 don’t tolerate power off with canbus on. I don’t trust the flipsky 6.6 singles either.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why

Just understood your answer as there is always a need for it with every esc and was curious if there might be an other reason behind your thoughts I don’t know about yet.

AWD set ups for street cruising = heavyyyy battery drainers with needless complexity. you will eventually find that it’s wasted load and there are more efficient and cost effective ways to make powerful 2wd setups that can handle your area.

If you’re going to be rippin up and down mountains primarily - you’ll need to go beast mode with proper sized battery/deck/tires etc anyway - so it’s more of a dedicated build for off roading.

At the end of the day, I think you just need to be honest with yourself about your primary riding conditions and build accordingly. Going 4wd just because there is room, Will set you backwards …eventually. (money, weight, time, max distance, general things we’re all looking to solve for the better)

3 Likes

4wd is absolutely unnecessary.

Fun to ride? YES OF COURSE.

convenient? NEVER but I still can’t get enough of mine.

Double the cost? YES buy everything once and forget about it.

Heavy? YES but you’re supposed to be on the board. Not the board on you.

20 mile range on 4wd vs 27 on 2wd!?:thinking:

I’ll take 4wd all day long!!

They run cooler with less stress on motors and speed controllers
Better braking
Instant power.

What isn’t there to like about 4wd??

6 Likes

use half the motor current limit with 4wd as you do with 2wd for the same acceleration and 1/4th the heating per motor (half overall) & slightly improved efficiency.

3 Likes

Thank you for your service :ok_hand:

2 Likes