How has ESK8 changed your life

People don’t understand that this is more then just a weekend project. I’m glad you were also about to find a passion in this hobby

2 Likes

The main reason I made this was because I’m hoping that other people who are having personal issues see this. Maybe they can find this hobby as helpful as some of us did

1 Like

I knocked up my gf, now wife, while finishing up college. Moved to suburbia and lost almost all my friends because they’re still going hard partying all the time and couldn’t be bothered to drive 30 minutes to come hang out every now and then.

Meanwhile all other dads around me are stepford husband style dudes who are not in my age range.

I live on a really nice lake and county park and wanted to explore more so I started building a stupidly fast electric scooter.

Now I build skateboards and cruise around waiting to find a kindred spirit.

There is a local group of boosted dudes who are ok but they just don’t get it. Their enclosure is just a magical black go box.

Oh and all my extra money is gone now.

15 Likes

No one who esk8s has any money anymore

11 Likes

yeah cancer is a son of a bitch. ive had it three times now myself. luckly just skin cancer. but it runs in my family reallz strong.
ive been getting alot of tests this last year because im showing signs of worse places to get it but luckly its come back neg the last 3 test.

8 Likes

Now I want you to come visit even more haha. Green friendly and the local park is all mine to ride. Park manager loves my board.

@agentdev can come too I guess.

3 Likes

It changed my last school year totally. I was doing nothing back then and had no other hobbies besides gaming and shit ton of general knowledge(that my isle ability. I am a Asperger). Without esk8 I wouldn’t go out regularly.(doing travels)
Like my travel to Cal. next year. It evolved me. And of course my high school years there gave me new friends.

9 Likes

Our family has a PTEN genetic disorder, which causes cancer. I lost my grandma to it too. So like you, I need to start getting screenings. Although if you had it 3 times, you’re one tough son of a bitch

1 Like

Hell yeah we need to ride

Ive Been lucky. Always found it early.
Part of why i grow my Hair out every 3 years and give it to wigs for Kids.

7 Likes

So we are going to get some shary Dareno right now because reading that post put tears in my eyes as it rang some bells inside me.

I moved to Aus 12 years ago and my father who was my best friend in the world didn’t get it. He reacted very badly to my decision in moving my family away from an England I had no faith in anymore. We fell out big time. Didn’t talk for 18 months. Eventually after we had settled here we arranged a xmas trip home. Spoke to Dad for the first time in ages and it was stilted and hard but we spoke. We opened the door to a wine fuelled sit down once I was back to sort it out.
Got off the plane to find out that while I was flying home my father had a massive stroke and was in hospital. We got back and went up to see him. He was very bad. Not coherent but tried so hard to speak to me even though it was an impossibility.

He died.

We had the worst xmas obviously. Buried my father and left for Aus.

My mother then gave up and got skin cancer which went everywhere so I was back on a plane and arrived in the evening and relieved my sister from caring for her. I kissed her and watched her die. We are a family who deflects with humour so my sisters reaction was,

I leave you with her for one night…

I carry the guilt of not being there for my parents last years and this community and hobby keeps me from losing it and has helped me get past the issues that feeling such guilt causes.

Love this community and love all you guys and gals.

30 Likes

I’m so sorry for you loses Dareno. Thank you for sharing your story

6 Likes

Where souls go to die :smile:

1 Like

Did not know this, man. Sorry you feel the weight of these losses even though there’s nothing you could do. At least you have esk8 and the little legend’s weekly mishap to take your mind off of things.

5 Likes

I’m not a sharing kind of guy but something about @JoelM story hit home so now everyone knows I am human and now I am going to go down to the bottom of the garden to eat worms.

7 Likes

I understand, that’s part of the reason I was reluctant to share my story. It’s good that people on this forum know what’s going on. Hopefully some of the nasty people on here will lighten up a little. If there’s anything you need, let me know. Don’t have much, but I might be able to help. I’m good with 3d modeling/3d printing. So if you need something drawn or printed up, let me know

4 Likes

This forum is rapidly becoming an unfriendly place for bullies and trolls. We can share our passion for esk8, give each other good-natured shit, and be actual humans being there for each other, all without being shitty or small about it.

7 Likes

You are a little angel my brother. I may take you up on the printing thing one day. Maybe some designs. You are in my circle now.

6 Likes

Fuck you bill

3 Likes

Goodbye forever, Skunk.

3 Likes