Help! With belts

So I got janux motor mounts and need new belts. I measured the distance, put it in the calc, and ordered from torque boards. The sizes I came up with were close to what he had for sale so I figured I was cool. 350s are way too short when the motor is all the way forward, 385s are way too long with the motor pulled back. When I measure I’m between 3.25 and 3.5 inch’s. No caliper, just a tape. Between 80 and 90mm I believe?? Frig I don’t know

Does anyone have Janux mounts and can measure the motor center to pulley center?

I don’t even think an idler could fix how long these are. The 350s are just maybe 10mm too short but I wanted to ask before I ordered again.

Running 14 to 60

1 Like

I would take some string, wrap it around your pulleys as if it were your belts, then measure that length. It’s usually within +/-5mm and you can make that adjustment by moving your motor or adjusting the angle on your mounts

4 Likes

You’re probably going to need something closer to 300mm https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/ use this and convert inches to mm.

Like I said, 350 is too short. 385 way too long. 365s on the way. I’m having trouble measuring from center point to center point. Should see if harbor freight has a caliper.

I had thought of the string trick but couldn’t find string. I’ll do that. Thanks good buddy

1 Like