HELP: Trampa VESC6 MKIII Settings

Hi all,

I’m not new here, and actually have 2 builds completed. The issue I ran into recently, and I haven’t figured out what I have done differently. The issue is my build is no longer braking effectively. I changed my Trucks to DKP EVOLVE, including using Evolve overpriced wheel pulleys. For some reason now, when I brake it’s more of a slowing down than stopping power. Acceleration is excellent, but braking in to weak. I have the same settings if i’m not mistaken, that I had when braking was on point (-30 for motors, -20 Batt Regen). Any ideas?

What motors are you using? -30A seems pretty low, which would explain why you don’t stop. -20A regen would explain limited braking power at speed though, although depending on your battery you might not want to go much higher.

Tell us about your setup: dual or single, what motors, what battery?

2 Likes

Thanks for responding. I have Torque Boards 6355 190kv motors. The battery is a Chi-Boards Battery 12s2p 40T pack. Something is wrong with the pack though, so it never charges to 50.3 (meaning to figure out if it’s a Series or BMS issue.) Dual motor setup.

just do -60 to -80A motor braking per side, maybe -24A batt per side, should do the job

regarding the battery, keep it plugged in, it may need some time to balance

3 Likes

what kind of speed were u doing at that time? if u want strong low speed brake, up the motor regen value (go down in the negative)
if u were doing high speed brake, then up the batt regen value (go down in the negative), but i would suggest also up the motor regen accordingly as well, since u don’t want to have sudden weak brakes when u r slowing down super fast from high speed

1 Like

Battery not charging fully could be a charger issue as well, but I digress.

With those motors you can definitely adjust braking to -50A to start off, possibly go higher like Poast suggested. With just a 2P pack even -20A is already pushing it imo, but I guess sure, go higher if you need better braking at high speed. At low speed it won’t change much though.

2 Likes

Been testing it at low speed over a short distance. So maybe hitting 7-10mph before braking.

ah, then up the motor regen value to like -60 and see how u like it, but do note, that’s way stronger than what u experience before, be prepare for it when u do brake

3 Likes

you can also pley with your throttle curve

Before I changed my Trucks to DKP, I had the excellent braking that I had to be ready for.

Trucks don’t affect braking power. You probably just had default detected motor values set before, which were higher.

4 Likes

yup, the values must have changed since u swap out the trucks. did u redo motor detection and all that once u have swap over to DKP?

1 Like

LOL,

I"m not suggesting the truck change caused this. I had to redo my motor detection, and I believed I used the same settings.

your gearing may have also changed how it feels, assuming you have changed it since you have new pulleys

1 Like