Help: Battery not fully charging

Hi All,

I’ve been trying to figure out how to fix this. Essentially, I can’t fully charge my battery. I have two builds, had the same issue (could only get about 80% charge on 12s2p 40T packs). After updating my vesc 6 mk3, that build started fully charging. My second build uses a storm core 60D+ now, but I still can’t get the battery to fully charge. Both packs were purchased from ChiBoards. I know the packs BMS are Charge Only. I put the battery info the same (8ah) within the esc setup. My charger stops charging automatically, so I pretty sure the pack is full even though DAVEGAX reads 80%. Any help would be appreciated

Sounds like a hallmark symptom of a dead P-pack

3 Likes

Maybe it’s a 10s charger instead of a 12s one? Idk

1 Like

I had the exact same issue with my very first pack. I thought that was the problem because my original pack fell. I bought these two packs, and had the same issue with both until I updated the VESC build FW5.2v and ran through all the settings. Now one build fully charges. And this one still only ~80%.

Group purchased charger maybe a year ago. Charges my other 12s pack fully.

1 Like

Can/could you open your packs and check the voltage of the pack with a multimeter? If it goes up 4.2 volts it’s good if it goes up by less than 3 volts it’s probably not a good sign

2 Likes

I just took the Voltage meter to the pack, only 47V fit the entire pack. Maybe my pack does have a bad group. I don’t feel comfortable Opening packs. Not trying to burn down apartment. Anyone know if proven Battery builders in NYC area that can check the pack out?

1 Like

If you wanna open up the pack, you can probe the individual cells. There are a few battery builders in NYC.

1 Like

Shouldn’t you be working with Barra?

2 Likes

Who’s Barra?

1 Like

CHI ya?

2 Likes