Helical gear drive from russia

2 Likes

Are there any more people who would be interested in installing gear drive on lacroix trucks? How thick is the shaft for lacroix motors?

5 Likes

A lá the spiral bevel drive from Morris Hu

1 Like

Yes. Off the shelf gear drives aren’t currently available for the hypertrucks, so I think you would get some orders. Lacroix run 10mm shafts on their hypertrucks, 8mm shafts on their jaws/matrix II builds.

1 Like

There are ways to set up poles to get a good number of people. People can even vote for multiple! And you can put this in the main post. You can add your own poll by clicking the gear symbol when editing a post, then “Build Poll”

You might also want to change the title of your thread to “now taking names”.
Common is also to have a spreadsheet of users that are %100 on board
Here is a similar person doing different gears. You can take his thread as reference.

Choose your Russian Gear Drive Trucks
  • Trampa E trucks (machines)
  • Matrix 2
  • Lacroix Hypertrucks

0 voters

2 Likes

I believe Arch mentioned they’re developing some when he did the Carve UK interview. I may or may not be under NDA to say more :zipper_mouth_face:

5 Likes

I’m glad to hear that regular bearings handle the thrust load okay. Its entirely possible that POM, which is somewhat slippery, sliding against the end plate is good enough. Straight-cut gears don’t produce end-loading, (nor do belts or chains) so no thrust bearing is needed with this Kaly setup.

1 Like

Can someone measure the matrix 2 axle length please?
@Skyart
@Lionpuncher
@linsus
@moon
@Esk8_ru

2 Likes

its shorter than it needs to be. You cant add a support bearing to it

3 Likes

Ok. Artyom will see this. At some point I’d like to actually get a matrix hanger over to him. Unfortunately I’m probably the one person you doesn’t have any ha.

@Andy87 do you happen to have a spare we can send to Artyom for measurement?

@Agressivstreetlamp I have and I could, but which safety I have to get the truck back one day? :thinking::joy:

1 Like

Very fair. He’s new so, I’ll see if he wants to put down a deposit. sound fair?

Yeah would be fine for me.
Shipping shouldn’t be much, but would be nice to get covered as well.

1 Like

If by the end of the day this hasn’t been satisfied, if he glad to post what I have. At work atm.

1 Like

@Lionpuncher did not quite understand your message, the translator does not always translate normally, sorry

1 Like

Was just saying if nobody has measured their matrix axle, I’d be happy to once I finished working

@Lionpuncher @Esk8_ru

Here are some pics a friend took

And all of those values should be taken with a pinch of salt. There is a lot of variance between MBS trucks

11 Likes

Y’all still want me to measure or ya good? Seems if @Andy87 is gonna send him a set, it’s almost moot. Lemme know