HELICAL 4GS drive for matrix truck 59/12 and Pentagram hubs (discussion)

They’ll be brittle :joy:
Nitride coating is fine (That’s the same as tungstene, but with nitrogen gas etc.)
405 bis 1200 HV

1 Like

Oh reminds me, wasn’t there a topic around with high durability nitride ball bearings btw?

I think it was @spade project, what happened to him btw?

2 Likes

https://forum.esk8.news/t/whatever-happened-to/15542/616

I miss that dude!

2 Likes

^ This man understands my need to abuse hangers and drive trains.

2 Likes

If this can survive the stuff you do id be crazy impressed. Btw, what do you currently use and are you happy with it?

3 Likes

The current setup should be here.
Janux Mounts and Matrix II.
Open Belts 18T and 72T Metroboard Road Tires.

I have really one and only one issue so far, everything else would be me nit picking i feel.
I dont like how the janux mounts have more of a slide hole pattern and not just holes for each position.
This is my way to prevent this, and so far its holding up well.

It would normally be ok for this to happen and leave it down.
In my case when this happens, I can no longer manual or 5/0 grind without grinding on the x-bars.
So I need this to stay up as much as possible and underneath is a no go for how I ride.

I feel that if I was to change anything it would be a bottom cover for my belts.
or a plate that extends the truck hanger under the wheel pulley. Just anything to allow
me to miss a little when landing into a grind. It does not happen that much since the
motor mounts are usually what you hit when grinding.

So I guess I just want mounts that can allow me to fully use the entire hanger of the truck.
Then I can have the wheel locked against the rail or ledge.
This is how it should be and kinda hard to relearn the new position of my trucks grind-able area.

In short its easier to just run into the ledge at a 45 and let your wheels stop you from over shooting, then it to learn how to not over shoot into your wheel pulleys. All in all its good times!

3 Likes

It sounds like you need an all-steel motor mount with fixed angle positions. I never trusted anything that slides and held together with friction.

3 Likes

I answered that I have broken plastic gears and guess whose fault it was!!! Not the gears! I left a screw loose that fell into the gears and jacked my shit up. Shoulda used loctite…

5 Likes

There are gears from the UK, Europe, Russia and the US…I’m just happy to have an option to buy locally here in Oz…please tell me I will be able to use AUD$ to buy gear drives!..and don’t have to pay high shipping rates!

2 Likes

New pentagram hub design

12 Likes

This guy posted in r/3dprinting saying he plans to test a number a different materials, lubricants, and other variables. Hopefully he actually continues testing and posting. Could get really interesting.

10 Likes

PEEK

3 Likes

Our latest 4GS for 10mm keyway bore/ 5.5 gear ration (matrix 2 clamp)

trampa hub, mbs hub compatible

Part used:

• Full 6061 t6 alloy housing*2
  • 6061 t6 alloy claw coupling *2
  • 6061 t6 alloy clamp*2
  • 6061 t6 alloy motor bracket*2
  • 66t Pom wheel gear*2
  • Salve gear*4
  • 12t steel gear (10mm bore with keyway)*2
  • pre-installed seal O ring*6
  • 71910AC angular contact bearing*2
  • 71803C angular contact bearing *2
  • 71900AC angular contact bearing*8
  • 61811 ball bearing*2
  • Completed screws kit
  • 3D printed coupling pad*2

Specifications:

• Weight≈1293g per box

• Case Diameter: 118mm

• Overall Length: 170mm

More details please check helical 4GS drive – Newbeeesk8

Get set of red, set of blue left, send me a PM if anyone interested.

10 Likes

Our latest pentagram hubs

MBS mounting pattern!!

CNCed by 6061-t6 aluminum.
60mm width, 6-9 inch rubber compatible

302g per hub(included hardware)

5 sets of blue, 2 sets of red left, Hit me a PM if anyone interested.

More details Pentagram hubs – Newbeeesk8

6 Likes

Woah those are some competitive pricing for the wheels! How much would shipping to the US east coast run me? zip code for reference : 07030

Edit: website says $17, which is fantastic!! Too bad the silver is sold out, would have looked great on the cyboard

4 Likes

will stock more next batch :grin:

1 Like

Now those are sexy looking hubs.

Regarding the gear drive, any options for 8mm motor shafts? Majority of us here uses 8mm shafts.

1 Like

Sorry, man. ATM don’t have options 8mm motor shafts :grimacing:
but will provide this option soon.

3 Likes

No trampa superstar? Also the prices on the site are aussie dollars?

1 Like

Yep man, price in AUD.
The hub is MBS mounting pattern.
Gear drive will fit MBS/ trampa hubs.